Jannah Tucker speaks out

CannonVol80

Jannah Tucker has issued a statement concerning her situation. She doesn't address her status as it relates to Tennessee, but it is good to see her speaking out and the steps she is taking would seem to indicate that she does not intend to return to the situation she found herself in.

Jim

this is sad for her,this is something that should never happen to anybody,I know it must have took a lot of courage to speak out nationally on what has happened to her,best wishes Jannah from the VolNation on what ever you do in your life

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Well, I'm glad things are working out in a positive way for her. I hope she can get back to having a normal life again after all she's been through with this domestic violence situation. Good luck to you Jannah Tucker & God bless.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish her the best she made a bad decision bringing a bad person into her life. Hopefully her future will be bright.

My question is if she wanted to get away from the abuser then why not go ahead and come to TN? Was he going to follow her to Knoxville? Something is fishy here.

My question is if she wanted to get away from the abuser then why not go ahead and come to TN? Was he going to follow her to Knoxville? Something is fishy here.

If you read her statement, the abuse occurred starting this summer. This was around the time that Ms Tucker would have come to Tennessee. It is not unusual in a situation like this for the abuse to continue for a period until the victim will, or can, make a break. And yes, an abuser will frequently follow his victim in an effort to re-assert control.

Hopefully, Ms Tucker will have the resolve to follow through on her steps to physical and emotional freedom.

Jim

Reactions: 2 people

I use to be surprised on how a person reading a minimum of information about an event is capable of making a statement of fact. Internet boards provide such a forum. Earlier in July when she just informed that she wasn't coming I read the same "Fishy" comment by an expert who announced she pregnant and another that she was on drugs.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm sorry this happened to Tucker, but choosing to live with some guy at age 18, while a senior in high school, was stupid. Let's be candid about that. And her mother and other relatives were irresponsible to let her--or maybe Tucker didn't listen to reason. Whatever the case, it was crazy: Can you imagine letting your high-school son or daughter shack up in a house or apartment with someone? You have to be a lot smarter than that.

I use to be surprised on how a person reading a minimum of information about an event is capable of making a statement of fact. Internet boards provide such a forum. Earlier in July when she just informed that she wasn't coming I read the same "Fishy" comment by an expert who announced she pregnant and another that she was on drugs.

That's the whole point. It's the minimum amount of information that has been released. Something stinks about this whole situation. This young women signed a LOI and then out of no where decides not to honor her agreement. TN recruited based on her commitment so they at least should have been given a reason. CHW has said she has no idea what happened. Like I said, something very fishy here, they are not being truthful about everything. Sounds like someone is now playing the victim card looking for some kind of sympathy. Now, if the abuse started this summer then the abuse had nothing to do with her not honoring her LOI.

I'm sorry this happened to Tucker, but choosing to live with some guy at age 18, while a senior in high school, was stupid. Let's be candid about that. And her mother and other relatives were irresponsible to let her--or maybe Tucker didn't listen to reason. Whatever the case, it was crazy: Can you imagine letting your high-school son or daughter shack up in a house or apartment with someone? You have to be a lot smarter than that.

While you are entitled to your own opinion, it hardly seems based in reality to me. First, at 18 an individual is legally an adult. Other than control exerted economically, a parent can no longer "let" their child do anything. Two, it is my understanding that the living arrangements didn't become the way they were until this summer, after Ms Tucker's graduation from high school. Third, I am glad you didn't do anything stupid at a young age, I know I cannot claim that distinction myseslf. I would assume Ms Tucker thought that she was in love and that the young man was also. Again, from my understanding of the relationship, it had existed for approximately two years. And at that age, even short term emotions seem intense. Also, I've known many people whose lifelong relationships began when they were around 18. It was just Ms Tucker's misfortune to find out that she had made an early mistake. Let's hope she learns from this mistake and moves forward in a positive manner. Signs seem encouraging at this point.

Jim

Reactions: 7 people
Jim,thanks for your logical and clear thoughts in this matter.Jannah was caught in a situation that no one expects to be in.We should hope she and her family can recover from this.Can you imagine the guilt her family must feel?Here's wishing them all future success.

That's the whole point. It's the minimum amount of information that has been released. Something stinks about this whole situation. This young women signed a LOI and then out of no where decides not to honor her agreement. TN recruited based on her commitment so they at least should have been given a reason. CHW has said she has no idea what happened. Like I said, something very fishy here, they are not being truthful about everything. Sounds like someone is now playing the victim card looking for some kind of sympathy. Now, if the abuse started this summer then the abuse had nothing to do with her not honoring her LOI.

There is more to life than just sports.

Reactions: 4 people
Now, if the abuse started this summer then the abuse had nothing to do with her not honoring her LOI.

In what sort of world does this make any sense at all?

I can understand people speculating about an odd situation where there is a dearth of information, but on what basis would one infer anything happened other than what she said happened now that an explanation has been provided? A guy is in jail so it is not like she had him slap her around and then called the police so she would have an excuse to give for not showing up to school. Kids change their minds all the time and are perfectly free to do so. She had no need to make up a story and it is rather sick to imply she did. She was abused, and apparently it happened over a long period of time and escalated like these things always do.

It seems obvious to me he had been putting pressure on her for a while. That is why she decommitted for a few days until her father straightened things out. If you remember he said someone had been lying to her so that all fits together.

She wasn't due to report to school until this summer so it also makes sense that the abuse would ratchet up then and turn more intensely physical in an effort to keep her at home.

Here are my thoughts. Was she abused, Yes. Did or does she want to play at UT, no. She was wishy washy from Day 1. Will she play somewhere else, I'm not sure. Do I think if she wants to play basketball, meaning she is physically and and mentally able to, she should honor her LOI, that she signed, yes.

I sympathize with Tucker, but it doesn't sound like she and her family have their act together. Bad decisions have been made. Who knows what her family situation is like, but I'm betting there is stuff. She'd be a fool not to go to college and play basketball--she can get an education for free. I wouldn't be surprised if she chose to stay close to home--but it might be that she should do the opposite--get away, far away, and into a better and stronger collegiate environment, wherever that may be. Study, mature, be strong.

who cares if she wants to come to UT? this is a terrible thing to have happen to her,I'm sure she is probably wanting and needing support from her family,she has my support for what ever she decides what is right for her,basketball is bound to be a secondary consideration for her right now,take care of yourself Miss Tucker and do what is right for you

Her life and her choices are none of my business. She should do what she thinks is best for her life with complete disregard to the feelings or opinions of any Vol fan

Reactions: 5 people

Your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired, like sense.

She owes you no information. It's a personal matter. Basketball is not important. You are living up to your name, particularly the Bad part.

That's the whole point. It's the minimum amount of information that has been released. Something stinks about this whole situation. This young women signed a LOI and then out of no where decides not to honor her agreement. TN recruited based on her commitment so they at least shoould have been given a reason. CHW has said she has no idea what happened. Like I said, something very fishy here, they are not being truthful about everything. Sounds like someone is now playing the victim card looking for some kind of sympathy. Now, if the abuse started this summer then the abuse had nothing to do with her not honoring her LOI.

I can actually see your point as a Lady Vol fan looking thru orange colored glasses. However we are talking about a young lady being beaten. How would you feel if this was your daughter in this position? It is not about basketball at this point. It is about this young lady healing and moving on with her life with or without basketball. This is the time for Lady Vol Nation to support her, not criticizing her for the decision she made. Remember she is still a kid and kids make mistakes.

Her life and her choices are none of my business. She should do what she thinks is best for her life with complete disregard to the feelings or opinions of any Vol fan

Well of course this is true .... but you also have to remember this is a Vol message board for Vol fans to express their opinions

VN Store

Back