This hurry up offense......

imbubbaspitcup

may be what is slowing us down right now. This offense works if you have a quick release gun slinger or a dual-threat qb like Oregon & Florida. Against the Ducks we played in their favor by speeding things up. If we would have slowed it down & used up all the play clock then hike the ball it would have frustrated the Ducks & gators but also given our defense more time to rest, even on the 3 & outs. The players are very frustrated right now & rightfully so. We should have ran the ball down their throats & wore South Alabama yesterday. Not run wide but straight up the middle. I don't know but the defensive coverage sceames appear to leave a big hole in the middle of the field. We were killed play after play in the second half on 3rd & long & even that 4th & 9.

Reactions: 1 person
Couldn't agree more. Our defense needs to be on the field as LITTLE as possible. And when we go three and out in 45 seconds because of the stupid "hurry up", it kills our defense. Sometimes our best defense is a good offense. #nobalance

Reactions: 2 people
I think its more of a QB issue than a scheme issue. Butch is forcing the system which will work in our favor in the long run. We need reps in this system no matter how bad it hurts because if we don't come 2 years from now we are back in the same place.

may be what is slowing us down right now. This offense works if you have a quick release gun slinger or a dual-threat qb like Oregon & Florida. Against the Ducks we played in their favor by speeding things up. If we would have slowed it down & used up all the play clock then hike the ball it would have frustrated the Ducks & gators but also given our defense more time to rest, even on the 3 & outs. The players are very frustrated right now & rightfully so. We should have ran the ball down their throats & wore South Alabama yesterday. Not run wide but straight up the middle. I don't know but the defensive coverage sceames appear to leave a big hole in the middle of the field. We were killed play after play in the second half on 3rd & long & even that 4th & 9.

Yep and for us it's called the hurry up and get the defense back on the field!

:good!:

Tennesseeduke

I think its more of a QB issue than a scheme issue. Butch is forcing the system which will work in our favor in the long run. We need reps in this system no matter how bad it hurts because if we don't come 2 years from now we are back in the same place.

Just keep on believing this.

if we had a good passing system perhaps we would not have any or a lot less 3 and outs

The problem is there are not enough benches for everyone to sit down. If there were enough seats, the defense wouldn't be so eager to get back on the field, so they can lay down and rest during plays every 30 seconds or so.

VN Store

Back