This coming years roster

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Reactions: 1 person
Don't forget that Jannah Tucker decided not to come to UT, and Jasmine Phillips transferred. We would have had 12, which is much better number. However, we won in 2007 with only 10 players.

Losing Tucker was a big blow--she is supposed to be a baller. That's the way it's gone for this program. Summitt was always getting caught with too few players--as is she never quite realized that kids get hurt and/or transfer.

We will have to survive this season hopefully all ten players will stay healthy. I am hoping were gonna sign a class of five and get the roster up to 14.

I would like to see the roster grow to at least 13. Bear in my that many players have transferred due to a lengthy roster--citing a lack of playing time as a reason. These are generally former H.S. stars asked to fill roles...

Reactions: 2 people
I would like to see the roster grow to at least 13. Bear in my that many players have transferred due to a lengthy roster--citing a lack of playing time as a reason. These are generally former H.S. stars asked to fill roles...

Transfers are fine. You get to audition more players and keep the best ones. If the others leave then they are often doing you a favor by opening up a slot. It is survival of the fittest. If they are good enough they will get playing time. Certainly a fear of transfers shouldn't stop you from loading up with enough players.

Our roster management has been really poor for a long time. We get caught in situations where we don't have enough players and have to sign a large amount in a single class. Then the numbers we sign in that large class prevent us from recruiting well in other years. We went a long spell without being able to get a decent point guard and had injuries with the ones we did sign.

I can understand getting caught short handed on occasion but it shouldn't be the normal state of affairs.

BTW, does anyone really know what happened with Tucker outside of speculation? Did she ever land anywhere else?

I'm referring to the transfers that occur after the recruiting wars and signing periods. The options and auditions are minimal. We were fortunate to pick up Nia Moore late in the process last year.

We will have to survive this season hopefully all ten players will stay healthy. I am hoping were gonna sign a class of five and get the roster up to 14.

that's what i am thinking,get a few more players for some added depth,there is no reason to get jammed up with to many players,just enough for some depth to relive or replace some starter

it would be nice to get some big time leads and let the bench players on the court too

Transfers are fine. You get to audition more players and keep the best ones. If the others leave then they are often doing you a favor by opening up a slot. It is survival of the fittest. If they are good enough they will get playing time. Certainly a fear of transfers shouldn't stop you from loading up with enough players.

Our roster management has been really poor for a long time. We get caught in situations where we don't have enough players and have to sign a large amount in a single class. Then the numbers we sign in that large class prevent us from recruiting well in other years. We went a long spell without being able to get a decent point guard and had injuries with the ones we did sign.

I can understand getting caught short handed on occasion but it shouldn't be the normal state of affairs.

BTW, does anyone really know what happened with Tucker outside of speculation? Did she ever land anywhere else?

She has yet to ask UT for a release from her LOI. However, I don't see Holly holding her to it should she want out. The reason she didn't come is personal between her family and her. Some posters do know the reasons, but are keeping quiet about it for privacy reasons. Basically, she is an 18 year old who is trying to figure out who she is and what path she wants to take in life.

She has yet to ask UT for a release from her LOI. However, I don't see Holly holding her to it should she want out. The reason she didn't come is personal between her family and her. Some posters do know the reasons, but are keeping quiet about it for privacy reasons. Basically, she is an 18 year old who is trying to figure out who she is and what path she wants to take in life.

That's fine. There are more important things than basketball.

Someone said Holly didn't know the reason but it sounds like maybe she does. If someone knows the secret and their only association is posting on a message board then I would have to assume the coaches would know what it is as well.

Looks like the roster may be a little short on players but we have Mercedes Russell who I feel is so talented she at least makes up for one more player. I hope she's in the same league as CP3. Can't wait to see her game this year. And don't forget Graves has more experience this year coming out of the box & she helps make up for the other one player we need. Simmons should be under control a little more this year & not just throw the ball up for a three. Izzy Harrison should be more polished also & on top of her game. I think we will be fine as long as there are NO INJURIES a long the way. >>> GBO & Go Lady Vols.

Last edited:
Looks like the roster may be a little short on players but we have Mercedes Russell who I feel is so talented she at least makes up for one more player. I hope she's in the same league as CP3. Can't wait to see her game this year. And don't forget Graves has more experience this year coming out of the box & she helps make up for the other one player we need. Simmons should be under control a little more this year & not just throw the ball up for a three. Izzy Harrison should be more polished also & on top of her game. I think we will be fine as long as there are NO INJURIES a long the way. >>> GBO & Go Lady Vols.

it is the injuries that bother me

the LVs have only four guards and with minutes played over a season plus even nagging injuries can take a toll effecting post-season play.

the LVs have only four guards and with minutes played over a season plus even nagging injuries can take a toll effecting post-season play.

Yea I agree. Carter played well last pre-season but her and Reynolds are both freshmen so I hope they can both contribute. Hope everyone stays healthy through the entire season.

Burdick has been working on her three point game hopefully it provides benefits. The major thing this years team needs is a couple of consistent 38 to 40 percent three point shooters. If we get that we will win the SEC and make the final four.

Burdick has been working on her three point game hopefully it provides benefits. The major thing this years team needs is a couple of consistent 38 to 40 percent three point shooters. If we get that we will win the SEC and make the final four.

:good!: Can't disagree with that.

You know hearing about the progression of Nia Moore by the coaches and players makes me think she might become like an Alex Fuller. I remember Alex not really contributing her freshman year, but by Dean Lockwood working with her she became a big contributor in the last two national championships.

I do like your thinking :hi:

The player that I would like to see contribute is Jasmine Jones. She showed spurts in games where she was unstoppable getting to the hoop. She had similar problems that Glory had early in her career in rushing her layups. Similarly on defense she showed athletic quickness. But again from someone watching only on television she never seemed to meld to the overall team offense. She is my sleeper (smile)

VN Store

Back