Lady Vols Recruiting Info

CannonVol80

Someone the other day suggested starting a post with updated recruiting information. I claim no inside information, but have put together a list of the current roster (broken down by year of graduation) along with a number of recruits who have either expressed an interest in the Lady Vols, have been noted as being recruited by the Tennessee staff, or have otherwise been linked with the program as potential recruits.

If anyone has any additional information, feel free to add to it or contact me by pm and I will update this post. I will try to keep the status updated on a fairly regular basis.

I hope this is of interest to most of you.
Have listed the rankings by FullCourt (FC) and ProspectNation (PN) (the guys who used to be Hoopgurlz until ESPN pulled the plug) and BlueStar (BS)

Jim

Roster/Recruits

Class 2016

Bashaara Graves - F
Jasmine Jones - F/G
Nia Moore - F/C

Recruits

Kamera Harris 6'3" P (GA) - signed

Schaquilla Nunn 6'3" P (transfer from Winthrop) - signed

Cheridene Green 6'3" PF (Eng) JC transfer - signed

Class 2017

Andraya Carter - G
Jordan Reynolds - G
Schaquilla Nunn - F/C

Recruits

Evina Westbrook 6'0" G/W (OR) HG - 2; PN - 2; BS - 9 - signed

Kasiyahna Kushkituah 6'3" C (GA) PN - 11; BS - 7; HG - 55 - signed

Anastasia Hayes 5'7" PG (TN) HG - 17; PN - 6 - signed

Rennia Davis 6'2" F (FL) HG - 16; PN - 9 - signed

Former recruits who have eliminated Tennessee

Megan Walker 6'1" W (VA) HG - 1; BS - 1; PN - 1

Chasity Patterson 5'5" PG (TX) HG - 4; PN - 5

Sidney Cooks 6'4" F/P (WI) HG - 6; PN - 60

Dana Evans 5'7" PG HG - 7; PN - 3

LaDazhia Williams 6'2" F (FL) HG - 43; PN - 45

Bianca Jackson 5'11" W (AL) (given a 90 grade by HG and ranked 12 in position) (rated a 4 star G on PN, but not ranked in the top 100 despite fact that 27-100 are all 4 star)

Eleah Parker 6'3" P (NC) HG - 47; PN - 49

Rellah Boothe 6'1" F (FL) HG 3; BS - 2; PN - 4

Keondra McKinney 6'1" F (TN) PN - 50

Danielle Patterson 6'3" F (NY) HG - 11; PN - 38; BS - 10

Maya Dodson 6'2" W/F (GA) HG - 20; PN - 30

Cara Ursin 5'7" PG (LA) HG - 54

Michaela Onyenwere 5'11" W CO HG -14; PN - 22

Jade Williams 6'4" F (TX) HG - 13; PN - 10

Dorie Harrison 6'3" F (TN) PN - 69

Class 2018

Diamond DeShields G
Kortney Dunbar - G/F
Alexa Middleton - G
Jaime Nared - G/F
Mercedes Russell - C

Recruits

Christyn Williams 5'8" G (AR) HG - 2; PN - 2

Valencia Myers 6'3" P (OH) HG - 31; PN - 14

Charli Collier 6'4" P (TX) HG - 7; PN - 1; BS - 3

Amira Collins 6'3" P/F HG -27; PN - 8

Tatum Veitenheimer 5'7" PG (TX) PN - 24; HG - top 100

Zarielle Green 5'11" G (TX) PN - 21; HG - 12

Olivia Nelson-Ododa 6'4" P (GA) HG - 1; PN - 3

Jazmine Massengill 6'0" PG (TN) HG - 26; PN - 13

Elizabeth Balogun 6'1" G?W (TN) HG - 15; PN - 17

Brinae Alexander 5'11" W (TN) PN - 55

Aquira DeCosta 6'2" W (CA) HG - 6; PN -6; BS - 1

Honesty Scott-Grayson 5'10" PG (NJ) HG - 7; PN - 4; BS - 6

Janai Crooms 5'8" G (RI) PN - 31; HG - 10

McKenzie Forbes 6'0" W (CA) HG - 20; PN - 27

Elizabeth Dixon 6'4" P (TN) PN - 26; HG - 20

Jordan Nixon 5'10" PG (NY) PN - 13

Abby Prohaska 6'0" G (OH) PN - 43

Former recruits who have eliminated Tennessee

Blair Green 6' W (KY) PN - 42

Samantha Thomas 5'10" W (NV) HG - 50

NaLyssa Smith 6'3" F (TX) HG - 12; PN - 5

Class of 2019

MeMe Jackson G/F
Te'a Cooper G

Recruits

River Baldwin 6'5" C (AL) HG -22

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Teaira McCowan
Teaira McCowan 2015 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

Alexa Middleton commited Offer from Lady Vols 'a big honor' for Riverdale's Alexa Middleton » GoVolsXtra

Alexa Middleton | fullcourt.com | Inside Women's Basketball

PeachStateTV Featured Player Eval: Alexa Middleton – Jan. 28, 2013

Lynee Belton 6'3" F (MD)
Lynee’ Belton of Bullis whittles college list to 11

Lynee Belton | fullcourt.com | Inside Women's Basketball

Lynee' Belton 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

Jaime Nared 6'1" G

HoopGurlz -- Jaime Nared has been on the national basketball scene since she was 12, but the Westview senior-to-be is now ready to dive into the women's basketball recruiting process

Jaime Nared 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

Girls basketball: Westview's Jaime Nared turns attention to 'crazy' recruiting process | OregonLive.com

Gabby Green 6'1" G

HoopGurlz -- Gabby Green, selected to play on USA Basketball's FIBA U19 World Championship team, makes basketball look easy

Gabby Green 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

USA Basketball: Gabby Green

Gabby Green | fullcourt.com | Inside Women's Basketball

A'ja Wilson
Aja Wilson | fullcourt.com | Inside Women's Basketball

Zaire O'Neil 6'1" F
Zaire O'Neil | fullcourt.com | Inside Women's Basketball

Bianca Cuevas 5'6" PG

Bianca Cuevas 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

Already serving two-game suspension for throwing a punch in an earlier game, Cuevas gets in altercation with Bishop Ford's Aaliyah Jones following exchange of words. Nazareth coach Ron Kelley feels she's being 'railroaded' by CHSAA.

Read more: Bianca Cuevas, standout girls basketball player at Nazareth Regional HS in Brooklyn, suspended indefinitely for fighting after game against Bishop Ford* - NY Daily News

Bianca Cuevas - Yahoo! Sports

Bianca Cuevas, standout girls basketball player at Nazareth Regional HS in Brooklyn, suspended indefinitely for fighting after game against Bishop Ford* - NY Daily News

Makayla Waterman 6'2" F

HoopGurlz -- Top 2014 prospects Kelsey Mitchell, Makayla Waterman, Kathryn Westbeld join forces on All-Ohio AAU girls' basketball team

Makayla Waterman 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

Jatarie White
2014 recruit Jatarie White recently visited Kentucky, Louisville, and Tennessee - Swish Appeal

Jatarie White 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

Last edited:
As expected, Kelsey Mitchell and her sister just committed to Ohio State (guess it does help to have an opening on your staff that you can use to hire the recruit's father. And having an open scholarship to give to her unranked sister just adds to the allure), so she has been removed from the list

Jim

If I could choose the players that we are recruiting one would be Shakayla Thomas who is ranked way to low by all the services even Front Court. She averaged over thirty points last season and can dunk the ball at 5'11" tall. It would be awesome to get her and of course one of White or Wilson. If we get two of these three would be a great recruiting haul with Middleton already committed.

Interesting recent write-up from last year's Battle in Franklin.

"Shakayla Thomas, 6-1 forward, AL Southern Starz (Sylacauga, AL)

Shakayla left no doubt in my mind after her game on Sunday that she is clearly a top 25 player in her class. She had a dominating performance in which she used her amazing body, strength and athleticism to score, rebound and steal the ball at will. The only thing I didn’t see her do was shoot a perimeter jumper, but quite frankly she didn’t need to. She finishes in transition, on the block, with runners and floaters in the lane and on the offensive rebound putback -- and she can get hammered and still finish. Top that with an aggressiveness and feistiness seen in only true competitors and Shakayla is poised to make a name for herself at the college level and perhaps beyond."

Battle in Franklin 2012

Like a lot of other players, there is a disparity in reporting as to her height. I have recently seen her listed as 5'11". In general, I tend to expect that the lower report is generally more accurate. But, if John McGraw is a true judge of talent, it is fairly clear to see why she is on the Lady Vol radar.

Jim

Interesting recent write-up from last year's Battle in Franklin.

"Shakayla Thomas, 6-1 forward, AL Southern Starz (Sylacauga, AL)

Shakayla left no doubt in my mind after her game on Sunday that she is clearly a top 25 player in her class. She had a dominating performance in which she used her amazing body, strength and athleticism to score, rebound and steal the ball at will. The only thing I didn’t see her do was shoot a perimeter jumper, but quite frankly she didn’t need to. She finishes in transition, on the block, with runners and floaters in the lane and on the offensive rebound putback -- and she can get hammered and still finish. Top that with an aggressiveness and feistiness seen in only true competitors and Shakayla is poised to make a name for herself at the college level and perhaps beyond."

Battle in Franklin 2012

Like a lot of other players, there is a disparity in reporting as to her height. I have recently seen her listed as 5'11". In general, I tend to expect that the lower report is generally more accurate. But, if John McGraw is a true judge of talent, it is fairly clear to see why she is on the Lady Vol radar.

Jim

Sounds like glory johnson

According to a recent tweet from Mike Flynn of Blue Star, Gabby Green, a consensus top ten guard from CA and a member of the gold medal winning U-19 team has released her top five which include, in no particular order,
Cal,Rutgers, Tenn, Ohio St, & LSU.

Some folks are speculating that it is really between Cal and Tennessee, but it is just speculation, at this point.

Jim

According to a recent tweet from Mike Flynn of Blue Star, Gabby Green, a consensus top ten guard from CA and a member of the gold medal winning U-19 team has released her top five which include, in no particular order,
Cal,Rutgers, Tenn, Ohio St, & LSU.

Some folks are speculating that it is really between Cal and Tennessee, but it is just speculation, at this point.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Great info as always. Keep them coming.

I've said it for the last few years: UT MUST start recruiting more and better guards. This has been one of the big reasons the Vols have fallen off in recent years--mediocre guard/perimeter play--on both ends of the court. It's just not been good enough. Look at our loss to Louisville: in addition to the inexcusable mental collapse, which started when the game was hardly 5 minutes old, poor guard shooting was a big reason for the defeat. Last year we had three guard/swing players, and they were ALL poor defenders and could not make baskets in big games. Two are back. We need more athleticism at the guard/swing position--especially or better defense--and we need guards who have more mental toughness and who embrace big games and big moments, not shrink under pressure.

VN Store

Back