Game Thread WCWS Lady Vols vs Oklahoma 6/4

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Day: Tuesday
Date: Jun. 4, 2013
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET

good luck Lady Vols,UT has to win this one

Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Since the WCWS moved from a 1-game final to a 3-game final in 2005, every Game 2 winner has won the national title, regardless of the outcome of Game 1. Game 1 losers have come back to win the final two games 3 out of 8 times.

I hope they can rebound emotionally. They should know by what happened yesterday that they are as good a OK if the playing field is level.

I can't imagine that we will have the emotional energy to compete in this game after last night's epic coaching collapse. Oklahoma will be sky high, and our confidence level--so high all year--as surely taken a huge hit. Frame of mind is everything in sports.

I can't imagine that we will have the emotional energy to compete in this game after last night's epic coaching collapse. Oklahoma will be sky high, and our confidence level--so high all year--as surely taken a huge hit. Frame of mind is everything in sports.

Let's hope these Ladys are made of a little more than you're giving them credit for.

Reactions: 4 people
Id like OU softball to get the same feeling as OU Rowing did at NCAAs last week.

BLtsP_lCMAQCXgV.jpg

The only "collapse" last night was not putting ivy in when they had the 3-0 lead (and even in that regard I can fully see the idea of riding off of Ellen if they can, which let's be honest, everyone and their mother thought they had it when that happened.)

Everything else that happened, the outfielders positioning up close on slap stick hitters for example, is completely standard play on all levels.

Not many people watch softball or baseball extensively for that matter, and even fewer understand proper positioning or how to play to where batters hit or don't hit. Those girls that hit those doubles? they defied every statistic on them. The girl who hit the triple had nearly 200+ at bats this year, no triples. That's like Shaq hitting a three pointer to win the game.

Reactions: 1 person
As excellent as Raven Chavanne was last night defensively, she was equally atrocious offensively. We can't have another 0-fer, 4-strikeout game from our leadoff hitter.

I assume Ivy is getting the start. The odds of pitching 2 consecutive regulation shutouts against this OU lineup are slightly greater than my odds of marrying Kate Upton, so hopefully UT can get to Ricketts early now that they've seen so much of her (most of them got 5 or 6 ABs against her last night).

Would assume Ivy vs Chamberlin or Rickets. Hopefully Rickets has a tooth ache or something. GLV!!!

If Ricketts stumbles, their backup option is Michelle Gascoigne...who actually has a lower ERA than Ricketts. In fact, Gascoigne had the lowest ERA in the country this year and was a top 10 finalist for national POY (which Ricketts won for the 2nd consecutive year).

If Ricketts pitches tonight, they need to test her for something. She was up there with Ellen and above her at one point late in the game.

If Ricketts stumbles, their backup option is Michelle Gascoigne...who actually has a lower ERA than Ricketts. In fact, Gascoigne had the lowest ERA in the country this year and was a top 10 finalist for national POY (which Ricketts won for the 2nd consecutive year).

Wow SGM! Where have you been? Good reply thanks!

Gascoigne is starting for OU. Ricketts will still bat as the DP.

Ivy is starting for UT.

VN Store

Back