Game Thread WCWS Lady Vols vs Oklahoma

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Day: Monday
Date: Jun. 3, 2013
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET

the game should be on one of ESPNs stations
you should be able to stream it on
Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

listen to the game here
CBSSports.com GameTracker - Softball

the Sooners are going to be tuff to beat,there a great team for sure,but so are the Lady Vols,the Sisters Renfro will need to have there act together and UT will need some good hitting,but they can do it

Go Lady Vols :rock::pepper::clapping::clapping::yahoo:

Reactions: 3 people
No matter the outcome of this series, You Lady Vols have been a real treat to watch this year! Best of Luck.:girl1:

Reactions: 3 people
Who starts Ivy or Ellen? I think Ellen will get the nod. Not taking anything from Ivy she will get her shot at OK. as well. I just think you go with the veteran to start . What say everybody else? and oh yeah , Hey Mule how bout that scouting report now :) had to go to bed early for work. I hope the Sooner girl doesn't throw the rise ball if ya know what I mean....

Who starts Ivy or Ellen? I think Ellen will get the nod. Not taking anything from Ivy she will get her shot at OK. as well. I just think you go with the veteran to start . What say everybody else? and oh yeah , Hey Mule how bout that scouting report now :) had to go to bed early for work. I hope the Sooner girl doesn't throw the rise ball if ya know what I mean....

The veteran? Ivy is a senior, has pitched 130 more innings, won 25 more games, and has been to 3 World Series to Ellen's 2.She also was the winning pitcher twice as a freshman in the 2010 WS and got the win against Texas yesterday so she has more wins than Ellen in WCWS play. Not sure how Ellen would be considered more of a veteran than Ivy.

However, it seems the coaching staff has more faith in Ellen right now.Assuming her arm is not tired I'd expect them to start her tonight.

Whoever starts, I'm sure the other one will be ready at the first sign of trouble. OK is going to be a load. Can't let them get away early.

Reactions: 1 person
Does Ricketts pitch all the games ? I hope the girls studied her motion - because thats whats makes her tough -- she is very hittable if the motion isnt stuck on the batters mind.

Just stay focused at the task at hand & cut down the mental errors of playing the game & most of all have the confidence that you (Lady Vols) are just as good as the #1 ranked team to be there. Have faith in your coaches & in each other as a team to win the WCWS. Go Lady Vols & Go Big Orange.

I don't know much about the teams chemistry but I if I were the coach I think I'd try to make them understand that they have absolutely nothing to lose, that no one thinks they can win so go out there and have a great time....have a blast....play hard and loose....

We have to hit the ball. We've scored 1 and 2 runs last two games, and as good as the Renfroes have been, it will be very tough to win like that tonight. We've got a good hitting team, and now is THE TIME to show it.

Keys to victory:

1. timely hitting(RISP) patience at the plate.
2. putting and keeping pressure on the defense.
3.our pitchers must not attempt to be to "fine" around the plate.
4.solid fielding. Feel free to add more keys.

OU and UT are similar in their style of play and personnel.

Go Lady Vols !! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :3cheers:

Keys to victory:

1. timely hitting(RISP) patience at the plate.
2. putting and keeping pressure on the defense.
3.our pitchers must not attempt to be to "fine" around the plate.
4.solid fielding. Feel free to add more keys.

OU and UT are similar in their style of play and personnel.

Go Lady Vols !! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :3cheers:

Don't make errors when Turang is on base.

and get more hits! Those are my keys.

Seriously, we have gotten outstanding pitching in the CWS--excellent--and we need the Renfroes to keep sawing wood. One thing we must not do is walk people. That will get you beat more than anything. Look at yesterday. Texas lost a one-run game because their pitcher walked--what?--three UT hitters in one inning, plus hit a batter. I think we scored the winning run without a hit, didn't we? Also, we've got a good defense--another reason to stay around the zone.

Offensively, we may have to score more than we have in the last two games. When we get runners on, we will need to get some key hits.

UT has a very good team, and just needs to go out and play the same kind of solid game we've played all year. We've played a very formidable schedule, and that's why we've got a better chance to win than the pundits realize. This is a good team.

congrats vols! give 'em hell tonight...

This all day!

I don't know if the OK pitcher likes to make the hitter chase, like the Texas pitcher did last night. But all I ask is that the ladies are patient and selective. Those umps seem to really squeeze pitchers anyway.

Actually Ivy is the veteran. She pitched her freshmen year in the WCWS (without any sisterly help) and then again her junior year. She actually has more "big" game experience than her sister.

With that said, I think they start Ellen and use Ivy for relief. Ivy's 73 mph riseball is hard to deal with after you've been watching Ellen's mid 60mph pitches dancing all around the strike zone for several innings.

This all day!

I don't know if the OK pitcher likes to make the hitter chase, like the Texas pitcher did last night. But all I ask is that the ladies are patient and selective. Those umps seem to really squeeze pitchers anyway.

The Oklahoma pitcher pitches in the low 70's which gives batters a lot less time to decide whether to swing or not. She makes batters chase her riseball and her "cropduster" drop curve that she uses as her out-pitch. She's gonna be TOUGH.

But these ladies can do it. Gotta get timely hitting because they won't have many chances with Ricketts on the mound.

And need to have aggressive base running when they do get on base. Get in scoring position when possible.

VN Store

Back