Alexa Middleton commits!!!

TNRitz

Per Keil Moore, Alexa has committed to the Lady Vols! Now the 2014 class has started! Let's go get some more!

Reactions: 8 people
I thought it was funny that just minutes earlier 2016 Football Prospect Darel Middleton committed to Butch Jones and the Vols Football team! :)

Reactions: 2 people
:dance2: Welcome to Big Orange Country. I understand that this is a good catch for our Lady Vols. :pepper: Hope she comes in and shoots those 3s & lights up the scoreboard. :clapping: Yahoo!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Class of 2014 (5'9) Guard from Murfreesboro, TN (Riverdale HS)

The top girls basketball player in state. (4-stars by ESPN)

Had offers from almost every SEC school as well as Rutgers.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought it was funny that just minutes earlier 2016 Football Prospect Darel Middleton committed to Butch Jones and the Vols Football team! :)

That's quite a coincidence. Given the years, I figured they were siblings until I saw their pictures and hometowns.

really cool watching her play, my daughter cheers for Riverdale. this girl is really good, defense, shooting , ballhandling, and a great passer! and her mom is kinda hot, so thats a plus!!

really cool watching her play, my daughter cheers for Riverdale. this girl is really good, defense, shooting , ballhandling, and a great passer! and her mom is kinda hot, so thats a plus!!

Her momma got an ass too

The dream to play in front of thousands in the WNBA is probably enough to drive an already self-driven Middleton. But maybe she gets an extra little burst because, conscious or not, she's playing for mom, too...

"I don't know where it comes from," Middleton said of her work ethic. "I think at the end of each day I just want to know that I got something out of the day. I want to know that I improved myself at something, whether it's being a better person or a better student or a better basketball player."

Alexa Middleton chasing WNBA dream

Alexa Middleton (Riverdale High School) Girls Basketball Stats - MaxPreps

Alexa Middleton 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

Last edited:
A great player on the best team in the US, what's not to like? I hope she does well in everything she tries.

Good get--but how athletic is she? Several years ago PS got into this habit of signing shooting guards who were heady and could make shots, if left alone, but couldn't do much otherwise (play good defense, rebound, create their own shots off the dribble). They weren't athletic enough to be big-time players. I won't name them, but we've had about four in succession. I wish her well.

Good get--but how athletic is she? Several years ago PS got into this habit of signing shooting guards who were heady and could make shots, if left alone, but couldn't do much otherwise (play good defense, rebound, create their own shots off the dribble). They weren't athletic enough to be big-time players. I won't name them, but we've had about four in succession. I wish her well.
It appears she is another as you describe. A good player but not a WOW player. Needs work on her shooting other than open 3s. Not an optimistic start for 2014. But, hope springs eternal. She could develop into something special. We'll see.

Welcome, Alexa, very glad to have you as a Lady Vol - looking for great things from you. You made the right decision.

My granddaughter graduated with Alexa on Thursday night. She says she is a very good girl, as well as a great basketball player.

My granddaughter will be beginning her college career at UT this fall; her brother just finished his freshman year; and my other granddaughter graduated from UT and will soon be a Pharmacist. My entire family bleeds Orange.

Last edited:
Welcome, Alexa, very glad to have you as a Lady Vol - looking for great things from you. You made the right decision.

My granddaughter graduated with Alexa on Thursday night. She says she is a very good girl, as well as a great basketball player.

My granddaughter will be beginning her college career at UT this fall; her brother just finished his freshman year; and my other granddaughter graduated from UT and will soon be a Pharmacist. My entire family bleeds Orange.
Pretty sure Alexa has another year before she graduates.

I have watched Alexa many times over the last 3 years and she is the real deal. Great shot and overall basketball player. Very high basketball IQ. I see her more as an offguard, not a point guard, but we'll see.

Tough crowd here.

I think we are off to a good start in recruiting. 4-star, top twenty kid from down the road who is a good passer and is ranked anywhere from 5th to 10th at her position is a take all day long for any team.

It appears she is another as you describe. A good player but not a WOW player. Needs work on her shooting other than open 3s. Not an optimistic start for 2014. But, hope springs eternal. She could develop into something special. We'll see.

Have you actually seen her play? To describe her as not very athletic doesn't fit her at all.

VN Store

Back