Mitchell and Ky tactics.

emkyle

IMO Matthew Mitchell should be called out for the tactics he employs and encourages on the basketball court that have led to his teams so called success. Ky has a very talented group of players as evidenced by Adia Mathis and others but he had chosen to push to the extremes of a really unethical style of play to achieve his goals. It was obvious from the start on Sunday that his intention was to win in any way possible. Playing physical in your face, hard nosed defense is always admirable but I witnessed something totally different in Sunday's game. The tactic of running in multiple subs and hacking, holding and fouling for 40 minutes not only illegitimatimizes the game of basketball but does a disservice to both teams. I mean give me a break his backup point guard even fouled out! The same thing happened in Lexington last season. This all may sound like sour grapes but it would be great if CHW would or could take them off the schedule like CPS did Geno unless the conference or ncaa officials demand that Matthew (Alfalfa) Mitchell and co clean up their game.

Last edited:
Lady Vols were fortunate to get out without more major injuries. It evolved into such a brawl by design

IMO Matthew Mitchell should be called out for the tactics he employs and encourages on the basketball court that have led to his teams so called success. Ky has a very talented group of players as evidenced by Adia Mathis and others but he had chosen to push to the extremes of a really unethical style of play to achieve his goals. It was obvious from the start on Sunday that his intention was to win in any way possible. Playing physical in your face, hard nosed defense is always admirable but I witnessed something totally different in Sunday's game. The tactic of running in multiple subs and hacking, holding and fouling for 40 minutes not only illegitimatimizes the game of basketball but does a disservice to both teams. I mean give me a break his backup point guard even fouled out! The same thing happened in Lexington last season. This all may sound like sour grapes but it would be great if CHW would or could take them off the schedule like CPS did Geno unless the conference or ncaa officials demand that Matthew (Alfalfa) Mitchell and co clean up their game.

Good valid points, but, league game so we can't drop them. Sure Holly makes her adjustments for future games, hopefully SEC tourney.

No respect for Mitchell since I watched him flirt with a female ref all through a tournament game and the female ref gave the game to Kentucky when they should have been beat by Miss State. I think the short dude that runs around behind Mitchell like a loving puppy disgusts me more that Mitchell. The NCAA must not pay much attention to how their refs conduct themselves.

No respect for Mitchell since I watched him flirt with a female ref all through a tournament game and the female ref gave the game to Kentucky when they should have been beat by Miss State. I think the short dude that runs around behind Mitchell like a loving puppy disgusts me more that Mitchell. The NCAA must not pay much attention to how their refs conduct themselves.

who can blame him. Those female refs are foxes!! :naughty: :boobies:

espn_campbell_200.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Let them hack and foul us. We will make our free throws and hopefully go in to overtime. Then he will have only a few players in the overtime session. Then we beat them.....

I bet that will end his hack a tack style of play!!!!!!

how bout we stop whining and beat them.
Sorry but the only way to beat them in that type of environment would be to literally beat them until unconscious. Not whining . I would just like to watch an actual basketball game. Beat them by 31 in Knoxville last season simply because it was a cleaner more legitimate contest

I like to see a player tell him if you keep up this crap then we are taking our worse player and taking your best player out. Elbow to the nose should take care of it. You can disguise it and get it done. We need an enforcer.

Sorry but what you are sating is nothing but sour grapes.

I think the short dude that runs around behind Mitchell like a loving puppy disgusts me more that Mitchell.

You mean that little Mitchell Mini-Me that has the same side part in his hair as Mitchell does. LOL!

I think many would agree with the analysis. Of course soliciting opinions of those that disagree is ok too.

I agreee w/ you. If basketball was a contact sport, then, maybe sour grapes. But, it is not. Florida, Alabama and Kentucky play about the same style. Florida and Bammer may be worse about letting an opposing player get in the air and cutting their legs out from under them. NCAA nor SEC apparently care about quality officiating with the product they are putting on the floor.

Too bad we couldn't have Glory for this game! Of course she wouldn't have gotten to play because the refs would've kept her on the bench! It'd been nice to have those elbows all other teams feared against KY this year! I can't wait for the rematch that hopefully happens this week!

Women's basketball has always been known for rough and ragged play. And we have played that way as well from time to time. Glory was known her her rough and aggressive style!

As for Mitchell, if we couldn't have had Holly, he would be my second choice for HC of the Lady Vols. He coached here, under Pat and he was recommended to Kentucky by Pat.

Mitchell learned this tactic watching the hack- a -Shaqu in the NBA. Why should your key players foul out(?) ! :bad:

Women's basketball has always been known for rough and ragged play. And we have played that way as well from time to time. Glory was known her her rough and aggressive style!

As for Mitchell, if we couldn't have had Holly, he would be my second choice for HC of the Lady Vols. He coached here, under Pat and he was recommended to Kentucky by Pat.

You know, you could be right! The other name that could surface is Nikki Caldweld . :yes:

VN Store

Back