No. 8 Lady Vols Fall At No. 10 UK 78-65

VN News

With No. 1 seed in the SEC Tournament secured, the #8 Lady Vols dropped a 78-65 decision at #10 Kentucky Sunday afternoon.

More...

This game should help us to be ready if we meet them again. I wish some of our players would play smarter you just can't dribble so much and into double teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky gets away with more fouls then any team in D1 sports. Even more so at home. We beat them on a neutral site or at home. Anyway that's my opinion

Lady Vols now need to get their A game on and make a run through the SEC tourney and get at least a #3 seed in the WNCAA's.

Kentucky gets away with more fouls then any team in D1 sports. Even more so at home. We beat them on a neutral site or at home. Anyway that's my opinion

I had this game down as a loss just given the fact we were beaten up, didn't have so much to play for and due to the style KY plays where they wear you down.

But having watched the game I think we would have beaten them fairly handily with a competent officiating crew and with them shooting as poorly as they did. We should have been down 20 at the half but were within two before the refs threw a brain clot.

If we had been fully healthy we would have beaten them and their pet referees too.

or if Holly knew how to use her bench... :)
There you go again. Are we going to have to take you to the wood shed again? :eek:lol: I think the last time JP was in the game she was in for 3 plays and turned it over 3 times. I do think I would have tried Moore but we were already turning it over like crazy. I love the fire that JJ shows. You don't mess with that girl.

If we were totally healthy, and the refs didn't allow UK to foul every other play without calling it, we would've won that game. Izzy couldn't play. Massengale and Williams were hurt, and Burdick, though she plays, still isn't even close to being 100%. When you don't have 4 of your top players healthy, you can't realistically expect to win.
As for the officiating, the UK fans obviously don't see any problem with it but I wouldn't expect them to. Everyone else who knows anything about basketball and watched that game today would tell you the officiating was bad. I mean real bad. I watched the game(until halftime anyway)with 2 Vandy fans and a UGA fan. All 3 of them commented on the poor officiating.

I think any reasonable UK fan can admit the game was called awfully. I watched it twice and it was bad. LVs will get plenty of wins over UK in the future, so be it. I'm sure the mens team will get plenty of wins in the future over UT. It's how it goes. It wasn't even an important game at the end of schedule, so calm down lol.

Stay in the ladies forum feathersax, you belong there.

VN Store

Back