SEC CHAMPS: #8 UT Beats A&M, 82-72

VN News

#8 Tennessee secured the outright regular-season SEC championship with an 82-72 victory over #13/15 Texas A&M on Thursday.
media-icon-photogallery.gif
PHOTOS

More...

Reactions: 8 people
How about them Lady Vols?

Great leadership by Taber and Kamiko.

Kamiko having a career game on senior night! How special is that.

i knew you were lurking some where bodeydad :)

Hey mule. Actually, I had to listen on my cellphone and haven't figured out how to listen and post. I just changed from Charter to Dish. Dish is advertised as a big sponsor of the LVs but I can't get them.

Way to go ladies! Any news on Izzy?

This exemplifies this years team.

"Our team was pretty upset, especially right after Izzy (Harrison) went out, to have two of our players go down," Warlick said. "Some of them were crying or upset, but they held on, and that's the resilience of this team. They've been hit and knocked down, and they just keep getting back up."

Minnesota has been playing out of their minds this game. Hope they keep knockin' down 3's. 6 point game w/ 2.5 min to go.

And, Minnesota dumps Penn St.:good!:

Thats exciting. Makes the Kentucky game much more interesting. Win out and and our girls could be in a great position come time to dance. Over achieved and beat all expectations no matter what happens now!

Congrats y'all.

Thank you sir. It is good to have more solid competition in the league with A&M being added.

It will be interesting to see who wins the tournament. I think we are about out of bodies so lots of games over a short period is a bit more than we can handle right now.

I am not sure who I would pick.

Great season--after the opening game loss to Chattanooga, many thought an SEC crown was unobtainable for this team. Great coaching and great team chemistry brought it home. Well done.

Great season--after the opening game loss to Chattanooga, many thought an SEC crown was unobtainable for this team. Great coaching and great team chemistry brought it home. Well done.

Yes, I agree with you. It seems like the loss to UT Chattanooga was like a wake-up call to the young inexperienced LV team and caused them to get down to business and play better. What’s interesting is that UTC is also a very good team this year, and they are their conference regular season champs (18-1 conference and 25-3 overall). It’s as if when they defeated the LVs it fired them up. Maybe the LV loss to UTC was a good thing for both teams? MTSU is also their regular season conference (eastern) champs (17-3 conference, 22-7 overall). Worth adding is that the LVs went into overtime with MTSU. It seems like Tennessee college women’s basketball is very strong this year, with UTK, UTC and MTSU clinching their regular season conference championships.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back