Time: 7:00 p.m. ET

the game isn't televised

damnit

you can listen here

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

WNML The Sports Animal

the game should be streamed here

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

the Lady Vols are ranked 11th in the AP Poll and 10th in the USA Coaches Poll and the are 11-1 in conference play 20-5 overall

Auburn is unranked and 3-9 in conference play 14-11 overall

hopefully they will jump out to a big lead and Jones and company will get a lot of playing time

what's wrong with these TV stations not showing our LVs games? what's more important on TV than our LVs? CSS is lame for not being on top of this as is SS or espn 1 or 2 for that matter. It might not be top billing but they could show these games nonetheless. Will the game be on espn3 I wonder? Oh, I'm sure if this was ND vs UConn it would be on primetime network.

Last edited:
The biggest problem this season with televised games is that the networks pick all those before the season starts and with the Lady Vols expected to struggle and a preseason sec 5th place finish prediction, we were not as attractive in preseason as in the past in regards to TV coverage.

the game isn't listed on the Lady Vols website,as far as being televised,all i could find was the stream.I'm disappointed that CSS has carried some game any way,which means it isn't on Direct TV :) i have had to watch them on ESPN3,not on my new damn TV lol and other than this game,most of them have been televised,i guess it means Auburn is having a bad year and the Legend isn't coaching anymore

governmentmule, have you tried hooking up your computer/laptop to your tv? I hook the laptop to the tv and the ESPN3 broadcast looks pretty good on the big screen. I haven't tried with the webcast (primarily because that would mean a home game and we are in TBA) so I can't speak to the quality of the broadcast when expanded to a large screen.

Jim

governmentmule, have you tried hooking up your computer/laptop to your tv? I hook the laptop to the tv and the ESPN3 broadcast looks pretty good on the big screen. I haven't tried with the webcast (primarily because that would mean a home game and we are in TBA) so I can't speak to the quality of the broadcast when expanded to a large screen.

Jim

Sometimes the picture quality is OK and sometimes not. At times it has been unwatchable. It is never as good as broadcast or cable tv though and a lot of times it is not really beneficial to put it on the larger screen. I have watched the stream and ESPN3 by hooking my laptop to the tv a lot this year and can say the stream is a really mixed bag. ESPN3 is generally no problem.

what's wrong with these TV stations not showing our LVs games? what's more important on TV than our LVs? CSS is lame for not being on top of this as is SS or espn 1 or 2 for that matter. It might not be top billing but they could show these games nonetheless. Will the game be on espn3 I wonder? Oh, I'm sure if this was ND vs UConn it would be on primetime network.
ESPN only wants to cover the top 5 teams, so even if the LVs were projected pre season as has occurred, there still wouldn't be much on national TV. This year, they want Baylor, uconn, & ND. That's about it.

The LVs need a deal like the one Uconn got with SNY. That increased their viewership by a ton. All their games are televised on SNY except for the nationally televised games on CBS or ESPN. They never have blackouts. It does impact their getting butts in the seats. People are more inclined to sit home in comfort with their big screen in stunning high def.

5 to zip in the bottom of the 5th for the softball team

oops make that 7 to 0,my mistake

Last edited:

VN Store

Back