John Adams

Tumbleweedvol

I never and I never post anything about the media and their irresponsible reporting. But, when I read John Adams article about recruiting, I relate to a bunch of drunks talking womens basketball. A guy who everybody relates as someone who acts like he cares about Tennessee sports in the local media then turns around writes trash. End of story! I know there isn't any team that looses a key player on their team that isn't affected by it and the effect; someone should step up to fill the void. However our one and only great commentator from Knoxnews seems to be lost in some time warp that never existed and those who have love for our vols have to read crap that comes from supposedly our own? I'll tell John Adams my family originated in Kentucky by birth and evolved to Tennessee and I just may come from his family and I'll leave that up to him to figure out. The lady vols are always number 1. Go Lady Vols!!
:thumbsup:

You read John Adams.

You screwed up.

Not trying to be an azz towards you tumbleweed. I just don't care for Adams. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Adams is an average sports writer at best. However, like any sports writer his job is to cover the VOLS, not cover-up for the VOLS. his performance, and it pains me to say it, is about as good as our Football, Basketball and Baseball teams the last few years. If you want rainbows and unicorns and lollipops you need to stick to the UT media guide. JMHO.

Reactions: 2 people
He's a hack and it doesn't have anything to do with how positively or negatively his articles portray the university.

I have resolved to never read anything John Adams writes ever again. His writing and so called reporting is pathetic. He has recently tried to start using Twitter and that to is a joke. I have just become tired of him undermining UT. It would be different, if he had ever broken a big story. I wish he and Climer would just go away.

John Adams is a notch below most of the media pukes. He is a snarky little snake. He is not supposed to be a Vol fan and he isn't, but he delights in his little put downs. Just best not to read his garbage.

Will West is another egotistical media idiot. He went off on a caller who questioned Manteo T'eo's (sp) sexuality. He started screaming racist, homophobe, sexist and disparaged the caller and his family. It was completely uncalled for because many of his jerk buddies in the national media are asking the same thing about T'eo.

We need to understand that the media consists of people who have agendas and get paid to get ratings, sell advertising and subscriptions. I have the lowest regard for most of them. My rant is over.

Reactions: 3 people
Adams is a lost ball in high weeds. Not worth the effort of hacking out. Just take a penalty stroke for having read him and move on with someone else.

Adams is an average sports writer at best. However, like any sports writer his job is to cover the VOLS, not cover-up for the VOLS. his performance, and it pains me to say it, is about as good as our Football, Basketball and Baseball teams the last few years. If you want rainbows and unicorns and lollipops you need to stick to the UT media guide. JMHO.

lsu alum , gets his ass scalded daily on GOVOLSXTRA, know your enemies. :rtfm: Read Patrick Brown timesfreepress.com UT alum. :yes:

BTW, why ain't y'all ran this hack out of Knoxville ? :dunno:

Last edited:
I never and I never post anything about the media and their irresponsible reporting. But, when I read John Adams article about recruiting, I relate to a bunch of drunks talking womens basketball. A guy who everybody relates as someone who acts like he cares about Tennessee sports in the local media then turns around writes trash. End of story! I know there isn't any team that looses a key player on their team that isn't affected by it and the effect; someone should step up to fill the void. However our one and only great commentator from Knoxnews seems to be lost in some time warp that never existed and those who have love for our vols have to read crap that comes from supposedly our own? I'll tell John Adams my family originated in Kentucky by birth and evolved to Tennessee and I just may come from his family and I'll leave that up to him to figure out. The lady vols are always number 1. Go Lady Vols!!
I'll never read another Adams column. I've written him and told him as much. He is the most negative journalist imaginable. I told him he should follow and write on a program he actually supports. I suggested Vandy! I'm hopeful more people will choose to "boycott" all John Adams columns. I'm hopeful that at some point he will be shown the door! GO VOLS!!!

Thanx fellas!! It just frustrates me to be born in the greatest state in the union and the beat writer for my favorite team writes like he is the insider for the opposing team. He seems to find fault in the ridiculous. I guess I'll read his articles for facts and disregard the rest. Go Vols and especially the lady vols. So much promise litered with injuries. :lolabove:

It bothers me more how fragile our fans have become that they let John adams upset them.....I enjoy his articles.

Thanks John. Is that the best you can do to defend yourself?

Seems that ja has made it his purpose in life to piss off as many Vol fans as possible. What puzzles me is that he found someone, in Knoxville, to pay him to do that.

Money talks and BS walks, cancel your kns subscription, and tell them why you did it ! :good!:

What is it about that article that upsets you? I don't see it as anti LV. Sounds like you want the journalists to fabricate a nice story regardless of the facts to make us feel better. In hindsight I agree that the Lvs would be better off with a couple more players. I'd much rather read your counter arguments than to read your bashing him as a person. So what's wrong with what he said?

John Adams is one of the most talented writers in the south. A lot of sheep tend to disagree with him because he brings the truth.

VN Store

Back