Bob Dylan gives a shout out to Pat Summitt

roberthunter

Quiznatodd Bidness
From a recent Rolling Stone interview:

Q: Receiving the Medal of Freedom had to be a bit of a thrill.

A: Oh, of course it's a thrill! I mean, who wouldn't want to get a letter from the White House? And the kind of people they were putting me in the category with was just amazing. People like John Glenn and Madeleine Albright, Toni Morrison and Pat Summitt, John Doer, William Foege and some others, too. These people who have done incredible things and have outstanding achievements. Pat Summitt alone has won more basketball games with her teams than any NCAA coach. John Glenn, we all know what he did. And Toni Morrison is as good as it gets. I loved spending time with them. What's the alternative? Hanging around with hedge-fund hucksters or Hollywood gigolos? You know what I mean?

Reactions: 5 people
From a recent Rolling Stone interview:

Q: Receiving the Medal of Freedom had to be a bit of a thrill.

A: Oh, of course it's a thrill! I mean, who wouldn't want to get a letter from the White House? And the kind of people they were putting me in the category with was just amazing. People like John Glenn and Madeleine Albright, Toni Morrison and Pat Summitt, John Doer, William Foege and some others, too. These people who have done incredible things and have outstanding achievements. Pat Summitt alone has won more basketball games with her teams than any NCAA coach. John Glenn, we all know what he did. And Toni Morrison is as good as it gets. I loved spending time with them. What's the alternative? Hanging around with hedge-fund hucksters or Hollywood gigolos? You know what I mean?

"Hanging around with hedge-fund hucksters." As a fugitive from social injustice, this is a quote to keep and remember. Thanks Bob!

John Doer is a long time Venture Capitalist and there isn't an ounce of difference between what he does and what Hedge fund guys do, so there's that.

It was a pretty articulate response from Dylan who is known to be pithy with reporters. Maybe he's mellowing as he gets closer to death.

I have always been a huge fan of Bob Dylan...In fact I named my son after him...A true legend!

Say hedge fund hucksters five times fast!

Why soil the name of hucksters everywhere by adding "hedge fund" to it?

On a side note, I live in the same building as Izzy Young's Folklore Center in Stockholm, Sweden. Izzy is often credited as having discovered some of America's greatest folk artists in Greenwich Village, including one Mr. Bob Dylan. Izzy Young is a very interesting fella.

Startsida - Folklore Centrum Izzy Young
Izzy Young - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Izzy Young: A folk man in Sweden defined by Dylan - The Local
'A Night With Izzy Young' to take place in London on Friday, July 6 - National Bob Dylan | Examiner.com

Last edited:

VN Store

Back