Izzy

Given Izzy was ruled ineligible by the 'AA last year and isn't listed on the spring roster, the better question might be "is Izzy still on the team?"

Reactions: 1 person
I know its a debbie downer to say, but I called last night when she hurt it that it was a torn ACL. I still think that's what it is.

Given Izzy was ruled ineligible by the 'AA last year and isn't listed on the spring roster, the better question might be "is Izzy still on the team?"

What is this garbage?

Haven't heard of any problem with Izzy other than her injury. Certainly hope she is okay. She is a very good player. She fights hard for rebounds and is a great team player. We cannot afford to lose her.

It is sad when supposed UT fans come up this kind of crap.

Reactions: 1 person
What is this garbage?

Haven't heard of any problem with Izzy other than her injury. Certainly hope she is okay. She is a very good player. She fights hard for rebounds and is a great team player. We cannot afford to lose her.

It is sad when supposed UT fans come up this kind of crap.

Wrong Izzy I believe :ermm:

Izzy was dealing with a torn meniscus going into the game. I wouldn't be surprised if she just tweaked that, not that that wouldn't be serious in and of itself.

I'm also not real clear as to whether a brace would provide any stability with her kind of injury and, if so, why the staff didn't have her in one.

Jim

The meniscus will have to be scoped and the tear removed, eventually. Problem with playing now is that this might cause other injuries to become more prevalent. My knee still locks up to this day!!!

I'm glad that Harrison did not tear her acl, but she should sit out the rest of this season anyway. We will still win the SEC without her this year, a tremendous feat given preseason expectations. We cannot risk losing her for next year's NC run. What frightens me is what Warlick said post-ND: "I hope she's going to be back because we need her. She's a vital part of this program." That represents very short-sighted thinking.

Izzy was dealing with a torn meniscus going into the game. I wouldn't be surprised if she just tweaked that, not that that wouldn't be serious in and of itself.

I'm also not real clear as to whether a brace would provide any stability with her kind of injury and, if so, why the staff didn't have her in one.

Jim

there's not much you can do with the meniscus and a brace. You're still pounding on it a lot while playing

hopefully she can just get it cleaned up and get back to playing

going to have surgery on friday...could be out a month but a month is when the SEC tourney gets started back up

A month means her season is done, and so are our chances of doing well in the tourney. Bad luck.

A month means her season is done, and so are our chances of doing well in the tourney. Bad luck.

How exactly does being out a month mean her season is done? The SEC tournament doesn't even start until March 6. If the "out a month" info is correct, she'll be back just in time for the conference tournament.

Lots of hard luck for this team. They are a plucky group but I don't see them pulling off the regular season SEC championship without Izzy. If Burdick is back soon it will really help but a difficult task just became monumental.

Moore had better be ready to play some.

I expect Cierra to come back with vengeance! Izzy hasn't played the most inspired games lately, although she was rebounding extremely well against ND, and did hit a few good baskets. It's going to be a tough feet, but I think they can still win the SEC regular season! Jones is the one who is going to have to step up offensively! I don't think that Graves can be asked to do anymore than she already is. She is just going to be extremely smart on her fouling situation, even though she hasn't been in a lot of foul trouble this season. Simmons is going to have to consistently be the player she can be. It was nice seeing her put together quite a few 20+ point games, and she is going to be needed greatly. I'm concerned about KY, but I just have a feeling that TAMU is going to be the tougher matchup of the two. Bone is playing extremely well, and is leading the SEC in a couple stats. There were some positives to take away from the ND game with how the girls responded to Izzy going down, and fighting back when on the verge of getting blown out! This team is young, but they are also scrappy, and athletic, and refuse to give up! I'm not counting them out just yet!

What the team/coaches or fans want or need should have no bearing on a situation like this. We don't know the exact nature of the injury, but since surgery is involved, it's probably not minor. What the athlete needs to decide is if 2 more years of playing ball is worth the risk of health issues down the road. The meniscus is an important part of the body if walking is considered a desirable part of life. If my daughter sustained this injury, I'd be pushing for quitting basketball altogether. Continuing is just not worth the risk to future quality of life.

VN Store

Back