Postgame Quotes: #2/3 Fighting Irish 77, #9/9 Lady Vols 67

Quote: "The Irish played like they were trying to impress imaginary girlfriends."

Last edited:
The Lady Vols simply can't guard Diggins. That was the difference in the game. For Diggins to have a career night in Knoxville is unacceptable. Think about it. She's played for 4yrs now and this was her best performance ever. Think of all the scrub teams she's played against in that time period.

Holly should've gone to a zone to take away all that screening backdoor action ND was using. I don't know why college coaches are so pig-headed about playing man-2-man.

The Lady Vols simply can't guard Diggins. That was the difference in the game. For Diggins to have a career night in Knoxville is unacceptable. Think about it. She's played for 4yrs now and this was her best performance ever. Think of all the scrub teams she's played against in that time period.

Holly should've gone to a zone to take away all that screening backdoor action ND was using. I don't know why college coaches are so pig-headed about playing man-2-man.

I thought the same thing about the zone until I did some reading and learned that man-to-man is the preferred defense against the Princeton offense that ND runs. I couldn't begin to tell you why that is since you would think a zone would limit the drives to the basket. But if you look back we played zone for a few possessions and the results were just as bad.

VN Store

Back