LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Notre Dame

I think Notre Dame is due for a whoopin'. We are a young and emotional team who can do it.

Good shooting and tight defense for 40 minutes and we get our revenge.

I hope it doesn't come down to a disputed play at the buzzer ....
actually, that would be fine as long as we win!

I hope Graves & Harrison decide to show up this game. They've been known to disappear... :( And Massingale needs to limit the TO's

Just for fun

I'm picking the Ldy Vols 75 -70

There's no fun in playing this ND team. If Holly doesn't have someone good enough to guard that Skylar Diggins girl & some others on that ND team then lights out for UT. Couple years ago I believe when Diggins was a freshman she took over the game & whooped us almost by herself. ND wins this one by at least 15 points. They have too much talent for us to match up with. There's nothing more than a great victory for us that I would like to see but I don't see it in Monday's showdown.

Last edited:
Well, I think they can win and LVs are a very talented team this year. We have Speedy Simmons and Graves (already won 4 SEC freshmen of the week awards this year) as well as all the other talented players. Tabor turned it on strong at Vandy. It was like she opened a can of somethin’….. We shouldn’t be so down on our LV team or Holly. I think they are doing a smashing job. There just isn’t much room for many mistakes when they play ND. They have to come out firing on all fours and stay that way through the game. They have to play with a lot of heart when they play ND! Hopefully they will do that.

Well, I think they can win and LVs are a very talented team this year. We have Speedy Simmons and Graves (already won 4 SEC freshmen of the week awards this year) as well as all the other talented players. Tabor turned it on strong at Vandy. It was like she opened a can of somethin’….. We shouldn’t be so down on our LV team or Holly. I think they are doing a smashing job. There just isn’t much room for many mistakes when they play ND. They have to come out firing on all fours and stay that way through the game. They have to play with a lot of heart when they play ND! Hopefully they will do that.

I wasn't being "down on this team". I know this team & how much talent there is. I'm not being "down on Holly". If you keep up with girl's basketball this year, you will remember that ND went to UConn & won that game on UConn's home floor. You live "across the pond" which makes me think you haven't seen all the games that these girl's teams play. ND is ranked #2 & will play in a #9 home site. Teams are ranked for a reason. Playing w/a lot of heart is what they do every game & not just against ND. Oh, and welcome to the VN message board....hope you will feel at home.

Last edited:
The Lady Vols can win tonight but they will have to play a flawless game to do so. ND is very, very good.

Vandy showed everyone which offense they need to run against us. That was a layup drill from start to finish.

This is Holly's chance to get us a win over an elite team and show we are back. I said at the first of the year we were a solid 10-15th ranked team with a chance to be a top 5-10th ranked team if we played well or 15-20th if we played poorly. We have played well to this point.

A win over ND would be a chance to take it up yet another level, or at least solidify our ranking, and would help tremendously in seeding for the NCAA tourney. Holly would really surprise me if she pulled a win out tonight given how thin the roster is though.

But there is no reason it can't happen. We are UT and this is the house that Pat built. Let's win one for her and put ourselves back amongst the elite.

Notre Dame has never won in the house that Pat built

VN Store

Back