Kansas fan makes fun of Pat's condition

shamwowpearl

in a sick post. I hope they catch hell from some Vol's and Summitt fans.. I tried and got the boot.

I cant copy the link, it is on the Scout board

Sayers
Asst. Coach
Rating: 2.7/5 this site
25831 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 6:00 PM
Re: Methzou coaching candidates thread
Part of the job is to forget you live in central Missouri.

(a picture of Coach Summitt)

Last edited:
OK, imma be totally honest here. I laughed a little bit. I know that makes me a terrible person, but I giggled.

Reactions: 2 people
As having my Grandfather pass away from Alzheimer's, to see ANYONE make fun of this horrible disease is heartbreaking! This is the most horrible disease anyone can face, and I sympathize with any family having to go through it! It is sad that we, as a society, can only seem to find joy in the misfortune of others! It was flat out wrong for them to poke fun of Pat, and wrong for anyone to see the humor in it! Yes, I may be taking this a bit personal, but I stand behind my view of the situation!

Reactions: 10 people
Anyone who makes fun of Pat should be kicked in the dick and upon trying to get back up kicked in the dick again.

Reactions: 32 people
Your post makes me wanna throw up a little. I know that makes me sensitive, but I wanna throw up at the disrespect.

No go ahead, I'm ashamed but I'm not gonna lie and say my first reaction was outrage. I found it funny. Still, I feel bad about finding it funny. If I can't be honest with you guys then who can I be honest with?

Reactions: 1 person
OK, imma be totally honest here. I laughed a little bit. I know that makes me a terrible person, but I giggled.

does not make you a terrible person.It makes you a POS to be honest.To laugh at someone or their health problems they might have is pathetic.

Reactions: 5 people
does not make you a terrible person.It makes you a POS to be honest.To laugh at someone or their health problems they might have is pathetic.

Fair enough. Just being honest though. I guarantee there is more than one person who saw it and laughed a little. They are just smart enough not to post that they did. So why did I, I wonder? Probably because I know it was wrong of me to chuckle so I put myself out there for a little ridicule.

No go ahead, I'm ashamed but I'm not gonna lie and say my first reaction was outrage. I found it funny. Still, I feel bad about finding it funny. If I can't be honest with you guys then who can I be honest with?

If it makes you feel better to say that, whatever. Good for you.

But Pat Summitt deserves more respect than that.

As having my Grandfather pass away from Alzheimer's, to see ANYONE make fun of this horrible disease is heartbreaking! This is the most horrible disease anyone can face, and I sympathize with any family having to go through it! It is sad that we, as a society, can only seem to find joy in the misfortune of others! It was flat out wrong for them to poke fun of Pat, and wrong for anyone to see the humor in it! Yes, I may be taking this a bit personal, but I stand behind my view of the situation!

I lost my grandfather as well, and while he passed away from something else, he suffered Alzheimers in his final years and it was devastating for my family.

She does and it doesn't make me feel better to say anything.

Then why say it? You don't see the disrespect?

Dan (can I call you Dan?), I understand we all find humor in tasteless comments sometimes. And we all find humor or laugh at inappropriate things at inappropriate times.

But we are talking about one of the greatest coaches in the history of college athletics. And she's ours. She is Pat Summitt. And it's not okay to laugh or make light of her illness.

Would you giggle if it was one of you parents, or one day your kid i would not, you want to know why because my mother is like coach, not to damn funny.:rtfm:

Fair enough. Just being honest though. I guarantee there is more than one person who saw it and laughed a little. They are just smart enough not to post that they did. So why did I, I wonder? Probably because I know it was wrong of me to chuckle so I put myself out there for a little ridicule.

Sometimes honesty isn't the best policy but you seem decent...I don't think God would someone like you to Hades...on subject Pat Summitt is right there with the General on Tennessee's Mt Rushmore...not below...right there!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I have no idea what anyone is talking about. Is there a real link to see what the fuss is about.

Then why say it? You don't see the disrespect?

Dan (can I call you Dan?), I understand we all find humor in tasteless comments sometimes. And we all find humor or laugh at inappropriate things at inappropriate times.

But we are talking about one of the greatest coaches in the history of college athletics. And she's ours. She is Pat Summitt. And it's not okay to laugh or make light of her illness.

Nonsense. "Making light" of an illness is perfectly natural and frequently occurs among those who must deal with its effects on family or friends. For someone simply to find humor in it isn't wrong -- especially when they're conscious of the gravity and seriousness of the condition.

To admit to partaking in finding humor at inappropriate things and then scold somebody else for doing it is hypocritical.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back