Any of You Lady Vol Fanatics have......

PenningtonVol

...any info on who some of the 2014 recruits Holly & co. are concentrating on??? I think there is a really good Jr. in the M'boro area named Middleton- I understand that she is going to be really good......Someone mentioned a local kid that attends Catholic who might be a national recruit (believe she is a Soph or Jr.).......Thanks for any info.

seen Holly at Riverdale couple weeks back, looking at Alexis Middleton.....seen Meighan Simmons at the RHS-blackman game.....Lady Warriors dominated

How is this Alexis Middleton good enough for CHW to come & watch her play? What's this girl's rank instate? Any kind of stats on this player? Is she a point guard? Is she a post player? Is she fast like Simmons? Is she an explosive type of player? Any information for us fans that are in the dark & don't know her.

Last edited:
shes 5-10ish, guard, can hit all the shots, excellent passer, & ballhandler, good defender...she is a real good overall player, ranked 22 in the nation, iirc, just one of those players, and a good kid! definite want,,,,for what its worth, alot of attention for her, Stanford and slime ball up north have contacted her

Good info on Middleton guys! I Think the 2015 kid is Anna Hammaker (sp?).........Anyway, please list any other national recruits we may be in "good early shape" with.

This board needs more threads like this - not just game threads & commentary on that days performance.........I cannot wait to SEE some of the all star games so I can get a peek at our awesome 2014 class (especially MR).

shes 5-10ish, guard, can hit all the shots, excellent passer, & ballhandler, good defender...she is a real good overall player, ranked 22 in the nation, iirc, just one of those players, and a good kid! definite want,,,,for what its worth, alot of attention for her, Stanford and slime ball up north have contacted her

Thanks very much. I'd like to see her play but that's too far to drive for me. Sounds almost like another Kara Lawson. If the devil up north has information on her & is going to recruit her then it's paramount that we don't let this one get away. Does anybody know what she scores per game & how many steals per game & such? Thanks.

The devil up north is geno auri-enema. It would be interesting to find out how the schmuck lures southern girls up to the frozen north. :question:

The devil up north is geno auri-enema. It would be interesting to find out how the schmuck lures southern girls up to the frozen north. :question:

Simple...buy mama a house, give her an exclusive UCONN merchandising deal. Villify Pat Summitt and Tennessee, and walla....a new recruit!

Reactions: 3 people
What do you guys think the impact will be to the lineup next year with MR and JT coming in? I'm assuming MR will reduce someone's minutes. Who will it be?

While I can't claim any particular inside knowledge, these are a few of the names of national recruits that I have heard getting interest from the Lady Vol staff. I don't know how much of that interest is mutual.

A'ja Wilson ESPN Full Court

Jordin Canada ESPN Full Court

Jatarie White ESPN Full Court

Jaime Nared ESPN Full Court

Alexa Middleton ESPN Full Court

Victoria Vivians ESPN Full Court

Kelsey Mitchell ESPN Full Court

Zaire O'Neal ESPN Full Court

Also, I would guess that the staff will take 3-4 players in this class (assuming that the right players are willing to commit). My projection would be one guard, 1-2 wing type players, and a forward/center.

Reactions: 1 person
What do you guys think the impact will be to the lineup next year with MR and JT coming in? I'm assuming MR will reduce someone's minutes. Who will it be?

You have to remember that Jannah Tucker will be coming in off of acl repair and will have been away from the court for a while. That being said, with the departure of Taber Spani and Kamiko Williams, I think there will be sufficient playing time for our new guards/wings to become acclimated to the D-1 college game.

As to Mercedes Russell, I suggest that we as fans not fall in to the trap exhibited by some of the more rabid UConn fans and harbor unrealistic expectations with regard to our freshman center. Yes, she is supposed to be good, but there is an enormous difference, particularly for a post player, between high school and college ball. That said, I fully expect Mercedes Russell to see significant playing time. Given the thin nature of our post game at present, I see her sliding right in to a rotation with Izzy and Bashaara, allowing both to get needed rest during games and furthering the up-tempo style of play that Holly and the staff want to pursue. Given the way both Bashaara and Izzy have been playing this year, so far, anyone coming in and "taking" minutes from either of them will have a tough row to how! jmo.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
The 2014 class seems to be stacked with talent. The top 9 players are all 5 star players rated at 98 on Hoopgurlz. Not sure if there's ever been that many players rated at 98 in one class before. The '13 class had only MR, Diamond Desheilds, and Kaela Davis at 98! The one player I want most is A'ja Wilson. She is exceptional, and being 6'5" is a HUGE upside! I'm glad that ESPN has finally caught up with the other recruiting services, and put her as the #1 player of the class. I know UConn is recruiting her, but not sure on her actual interest in UConn. They seem to being going after Briana Turner harder, and they play the same position. Coach Elzy was in OR this week, amongst other places, and I'm sure she was watching Jamie Nared. She was the player that was on the Today Show, or one of the morning shows, a few years ago when she was no longer allowed to play against the boys in her AAU league. It's actually a good video to watch on YouTube. She is also a teammate of Mercedes and Jordan Reynolds AAU team, Team Concept! Holly and staff did an exceptional job with this year's class, and it's going to be interesting to see what they pull off with this one. Have any of the recruits made any unofficials visits to the games this year in Knoxville??

While I can't claim any particular inside knowledge, these are a few of the names of national recruits that I have heard getting interest from the Lady Vol staff. I don't know how much of that interest is mutual.

Also, I would guess that the staff will take 3-4 players in this class (assuming that the right players are willing to commit). My projection would be one guard, 1-2 wing type players, and a forward/center.

Thanks very much for this information CannonVol80....good post sir. :eek:k:

good post,if i have this figured out right,the Lady Vols will lose Spani and Williams this year and supposedly are looking good to pick up 3 players this year,without no surprises, then next year the Lady Vols will lose Simmons,i hate to see lighting in a bottle leave,so that will put them back at 11 players,which leaves room for them to pick up 4 more players in that years class,if that is what CHW wants to do,sound about right ? i would like to see them carry more players,for the injury bug,you never know when it will strike

Jersey:3Position:GHeight:5'4"Class: Frosh School: Middleton Tigers Season: Varsity 12-13 Sport: Girls Basketball

Have heard Jamie Nared is very interested in the Lady Vols, just as interested as we are in her. The fact that Jordan Reynolds and Mercedes Russell will be joining the Lady Vol program next season really helps our chances with her.

Have heard Jamie Nared is very interested in the Lady Vols, just as interested as we are in her. The fact that Jordan Reynolds and Mercedes Russell will be joining the Lady Vol program next season really helps our chances with her.

Solid....thanks. :)

Does anyone know if Holly, or any of the staff, has been to any of A'ja Wilson's games this year? Geno is supposed to be at her game tomorrow.

VN Store

Back