3167 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Game Thread Lady Vols at Auburn Page 5. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. Wild One putting the team on her shoulders and throwin' down 29 points. Also, LV's finally deciding to rebound a ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Lady Vols

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Pancho

Wild One putting the team on her shoulders and throwin' down 29 points. Also, LV's finally deciding to rebound a few. They were getting hammered on the boards in the first half.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

game thread

I think Graves may be trying to get over her injury the last game. She just wasn't the usual "beast". Also, Izzy is playing scared, I think. The refs have their eyes on Izzy, and that limits her usual game. All players have off nites, but when two bigs are off, it's bad. GO MEIGHAN
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #63 (permalink)

How many close shots did we miss....some didn't draw iron. I know the Auburn girls were fouling but we missed way too many easy shots. We need work against the press. When they have three at the half line somebody is open.

Last edited by Bodeydad; 01-17-2013 at 10:53 PM..
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.TN.Orange Blood View Post
Everytime here lately, when freshman Jones has the ball dribbling down the court, I feel like a turnover will soon be coming.
Without a doubt JJ will be told that the particular skill she needs to work on in the off-season is her ball handling. In the open court she is pretty good, but against the least amount of pressure she starts to tighten up and becomes a liability with the ball in her hands.

Jim
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #65 (permalink)
Sittin back chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeydad View Post
How many close shots did we miss....some didn't draw iron. I know the Auburn girls were fouling but we missed way too many easy shots. We need work against the press. When they have three at the half line somebody is open.
The last couple of games I've been hollering & screaming about these easy shots not falling. I don't think Coach Warlick has heard me yet from W.TN to work on these easy shots the players are missing. You'd think after film study of the games that that is a glaring problem to fix.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
The last couple of games I've been hollering & screaming about these easy shots not falling. I don't think Coach Warlick has heard me yet from W.TN to work on these easy shots the players are missing. You'd think after film study of the games that that is a glaring problem to fix.

I thought our ladies were intimidated by the Auburn bigs. They fouled almost everytime we shot in close. We hurried shots we normally make. I would have the men in practice hang on the bigs while shooting close in.

Graves was not herself and Harrison shot scared. Jones did some good things but shot as if she ecpected a block

We did come back and that is encouraging.

Simmons was hot or we don't win.

Last edited by Bodeydad; 01-18-2013 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Have u got snow yet? Looks like it may hit pretty good up there.
snowed like hell the internet went down but the phone line worked,go figure that one,the dish got snowed out,but my brand damn new 46inch HD RCA TV wouldn't start up,so i didn't have to go out and sweep it off LOL haven't had it a month yet;so it will be going back to the Wal Mart , any way

i did watch the replay today,another slow start seemed to bother them for most of the game and piss poor passing,i couldn't believe they kept throwing them lob passes ,Auburn sure loved it though,poor defense most of the game,till late after Simmons lit up Auburn,she single handily beat em,you have to be impressed with her when she goes off,like a stick of dynamite she is

poor game play thru out the game,but a win is a win

Last edited by governmentmule; 01-18-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP