#9 Lady Vols Throttle Missouri, 84-39

VN News

The #9 Tennessee Lady Vols routed Missouri, 84-39, in the first meeting between the teams as SEC foes.
media-icon-photogallery.gif
PHOTOS

More...

We scored more points in the first half than they did they whole game. Pretty horrible team we just played.

Good win, though. I'm sure we'll be working on FT's after this game. Good stats most everywhere else. Way to go LV's.

Missouri's shooting was off tonight thank god cause they have some girls to hit those 3's. I was pissed cause of all the easy shots we missed right under the basket & right in FRONT of the basket. But they played a great game tonight for sure. Speedy had 18 pts. Now we have Florida next. We should put a whoopin on them thar gators too. :)

I am so impressed with how this team is progressing. Just a great win....now let's go get some gator.

I am so impressed with how this team is progressing. Just a great win....now let's go get some gator.

Perspective. Please have some.

I am thrilled as anyone else that the Lady Vols are battling thru the SEC schedule, but the cold hard reality is that Women's Basketball this season is:

Notre Dame
Uconn
Stanford
Baylor
-------
Then everyone else far below those 4.

We can applaud the SEC schedule wins, but we cannot be complacent with them. UT needs to be back with the elite.

I think a lot of LV fans are relieved to see that the program made a fairly seamless change with CHW, but obviously at some point, the team will have to be competitive with the upper echelon, which they have not been for three years. Let's see how they do against ND. another lopsided loss will be a disappointment.

I think a lot of LV fans are relieved to see that the program made a fairly seamless change with CHW, but obviously at some point, the team will have to be competitive with the upper echelon, which they have not been for three years. Let's see how they do against ND. another lopsided loss will be a disappointment.

This. I also think fans are happy because this is a young team that is playing well despite their youth and inexperience, lack of depth on the roster and is battling injuries(Carter and Burdick both being out). It's going to be at least another year or two before the Lady Vols are back on top with the ND's, Baylor's, Stanford's and UCONN's.

Reactions: 1 person
i agree VOLMEB,but they are improving every game,hopefully they can make a decent run in the tourney,that would be huge for them,and they will play ND on Jan. 28, hopefully it will be a close game and the Lady Vols can pull off a win and it is a home game too,they have Fla ,Auburn,Bammer and Vandy till they play ND,hopefully they can beat those teams and we will see how much they have improved when they play ND

Vandy is the only one of the SEC teams receiving votes in the polls of that group and there not in the top 25,but they all ways play the Lady Vols tough and it will be a home game for them ,going by what the lady announcer said last night during the game,both Fla and Bama are suppose to be playing good,but i don't know if it is true or not

so Go Lady Vols,kick some butt :dance2::rock::clapping::pepper:

VN Store

Back