2300 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 2nd Half Surge Lifts #12 UT Past #10 UGA. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. Tennessee scored the first nine points of the second half and led the remainder of the way as the No. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Lady Vols

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Lady Vols 2nd Half Surge Lifts #12 UT Past #10 UGA

Tennessee scored the first nine points of the second half and led the remainder of the way as the No. 12/13 Lady Vols knocked off No. 10/11 Georgia, 79-66. PHOTOS

More...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Orange

Love this team. They play hard, and they are not intimidated.

Coach Jones needs to have his football team watching this team to see how hustle, determination, and winning attitude pays off.

If we only had our injured players, we would really be in good shape.

Glory Johnson was a great player and she hustled and played hard all the time. Graves reminds me so much of Glory, except Graves can score and do even more things, and she is only a freshman. Can't imagine how good she can become.

Spani always hustles, and even when her shots do not fall, she never lets up or gets down.

Harrison has turned into a real star from Freshman to Soph. She is doing great.

Jones looked good today, and will get even better.

Simmons has bought into playing defense. She still makes some bad plays, but her hustle and the large number of good plays makes up for it.

Will not name them all, but it was a great win today over a very good Georgia team. Our Lady Vols keep getting better and better. It has been quite a while since we had a team that played this hard and consistently on defense, or this aggressive on offense.

Love this team!!!

Go Lady Vols! Keep it up!
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

well said jim

as all ways Go Lady Vols
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Appalachian American

This coaching staff is getting the job done. I knew going into the year that being ranked 24th was stupid and picked to finish 5th in the SEC. We may not win it, but we will be knocking on the door. People were just hoping we would be down but we are still TENNESSEE!! Go Lady Vols!!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sittin back chillin

Those Lady Dawgs didn't know what hit them the second half. The first half, it was close with the Dawgs leading by 2 at the break. Then > BOOM. The Dawgs go back to GA with their tails between their legs...and that's a good thang. Coach Warlick & staff are doing a fine job for now. They just need to come out in the first half & build on a lead & keep the hammer down all game. That's what they will work on this next practice before the next game. So we will see if there will be an improvement in the first half next game. GBO & Go Lady Vols. Make us proud to cheer ya.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I agree with everything you said, jim. This team is a lot of fun to watch.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I do wish they would get off to a good start and keep the hammer down,but things are clicking now,2 very good wins,i do worry about injures,like i have said before,there short on the numbers of players available,what is it 9 players now ? Carter is gone till next year and Burdick can be gone up to 6 weeks,here is to hoping for no more injures this year

Go Lady Vols

as all ways Go Lady Vols
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

A very nice win over a very good team ... our ladies are really giving great effort and it shows. Good job gals ...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
All VOL !!!

How do you feel about this team,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim43 View Post
Love this team. They play hard, and they are not intimidated.

Coach Jones needs to have his football team watching this team to see how hustle, determination, and winning attitude pays off.

If we only had our injured players, we would really be in good shape.

Glory Johnson was a great player and she hustled and played hard all the time. Graves reminds me so much of Glory, except Graves can score and do even more things, and she is only a freshman. Can't imagine how good she can become.

Spani always hustles, and even when her shots do not fall, she never lets up or gets down.

Harrison has turned into a real star from Freshman to Soph. She is doing great.

Jones looked good today, and will get even better.

Simmons has bought into playing defense. She still makes some bad plays, but her hustle and the large number of good plays makes up for it.

Will not name them all, but it was a great win today over a very good Georgia team. Our Lady Vols keep getting better and better. It has been quite a while since we had a team that played this hard and consistently on defense, or this aggressive on offense.

Love this team!!!

Go Lady Vols! Keep it up!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
tim
Volsquatch

Did I hear that the Lady Dogs had 3 Tennessee girls in their starting lineup?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim View Post
Did I hear that the Lady Dogs had 3 Tennessee girls in their starting lineup?
I think so, and 4 on the team. How did we miss out on these ladies? Did they just want to leave home and play elsewhere or what?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just finished watching the replay and these ladies have got it going. Graves plays like a senior. She rebounds like Glory but shoots around the basket like Gwen Jackson. Shar is awesome. Jones played well as did Kamiko.

All players contributed to a great win. We have got Landers' number...no doubt about
It.

I love to watch these ladies play.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLMEB View Post
I think so, and 4 on the team. How did we miss out on these ladies? Did they just want to leave home and play elsewhere or what?
We didn't offer any of them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Goat View Post
How do you feel about this team,
Graves is the best freshman player I have seen here in a while. She seems to be under control but still runs the floor, rebounds, score from the floor, and hits free throws while playing great defense. Like Glory, she is in great physical condition and I think, enjoys playing the game as much as any player I've seen in the last 8-10 years. We have a real star in the making. I also we are getting the best play at the 5 we have had in a long time. What a difference from last year. I will be interesting to see Harrison and MH playing together next year. I wonder if we go to a double low post next year. I am impressed with the play of this young team and believe the future is in good hands.

Last edited by VOLINVONORE; 01-07-2013 at 06:30 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

I agree. Graves not only has great potential she is producing now. I really like our roster and with injuries we can't have enough players.

Kamiko is steady and Simmons is streaky. Taber was helping with rebounding and Jones had a career game. I like what this team brings.

They just need to play the first half like the second. Maybe Holly needs to have the half-time talk before the game.
Reply With Quote TOP