Williams Wills #14 UT To 88-81 OT Win

VN News

Kamiko Williams came up huge on both ends of the court to lead the #16/14 Lady Vols to an 88-81 overtime win over in-state foe Middle Tennessee State for UT's fifth win in a row.

More...

This game was an extremely valuable win for this team!!! Unlike teams from the last couple years, when the got down big with little time left in the game, the came together to fight for the win! Was it pretty, heck no, but a win is a win! They are growing up, and maturing pretty quickly as a whole! I was so proud, and happy for Miko! She has always been a "play-maker" type of player, but she seems to be putting it all together, and at this point, she is the difference maker. Regardless who scores the most points, you've got to have that player who, at the crucial moments, steps up and scores when a basket is a must and makes the commitment on the defensive end to get stops! I think Dec is going to be a rough month for the girls with Standford and Baylor, but as Pat has always taught, NEVER back down from any opponent! There are going to be more hiccups along the way, but by tourney time, I feel they well be a pretty dang good team! Any words on Draya's shoulder??

Reactions: 1 person
The injury bug is always looming but it seems we have had more than our share in the past few years. Sure would be nice to have healthy players.

After watching the video, I don't understand how the score was so close. We didn't miss but one shot the whole game! :)

VN Store

Back