Pat Summitt Petition

BerryRocksYourTop

Mods sticky if need be.

https://www.change.org/petitions/nc...onship-trophy-after-my-hero-pat-summitt#share

^This is a link to a petition asking to name the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship Trophy after Pat. Only about 7,000 more signatures are needed and I believe if everyone here on VN signs it, then it should hit it's goal in no time. Summitt is a legend and an inspiration to many; help honor her by taking a few seconds to sign this petition.

Signed... I even left a nice note about Miss Summitt in the note area. The lady gave her life to this state and UT sports. The least we can do is sign a petition for her.

Signed it. It just took a second. Normally not something I would ever do, but naming the trophy after CPS is a great idea and she is well deserving of that honor.

I know this isn't Football related or even official but I'm putting this where the maximum number of eyeballs will see it for a day or two. :hi:

If Jon Gruden doesn't get named as the new head coach, maybe he'll at least troll us enough to help rename the trophy.

Signed. Women's college basketball would not be as popular as it is today without Coach Summitt.

Who's the men's trophy named after?
It's not named after any one person. It's the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Trophy. So, I guess you could say it's named after the NCAA.

Frankly, I don't see this ever changing, regardless of how many signatures are collected. Sure, Lady Vol fans would like to see it, but who else is clamoring for it to happen? It's the NCAA's award. Why would they go along with changing it?

Will other schools start petitions to name the trophy after their coach? Will some school refuse the trophy because they don't like whose name is on it? And, if the NCAA decided to name it after Geno, how would we fans feel about that?

Reactions: 2 people
Wouldn't hurt to split up the top men's and women's players of the year and name the trophy for the women... The Pat Summit Trophy. The Wooden trophy could stay for the top men's player of the year. In that way, the women's trophy could be backed by integrity. The men's, meh.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back