2754 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Tyler Summitt Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. Hire Tyler! ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Lady Vols

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
This We'll Defend

Hire Tyler!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnichols View Post
I would not be the least bit surprised if one of these days we were to see another Summitt at the head of the bench!
That would have to be based on performance (exceptional performance) and not surname. No one has a birthright to a job based on someone else's credentials, reputation or legacy.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pancho

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjrobert View Post
That would have to be based on performance (exceptional performance) and not surname. No one has a birthright to a job based on someone else's credentials, reputation or legacy.
That should have been on someone's list when searching for a football coach.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlw4n View Post
I haven't always followed the Lady Vols closely, despite being an alum. I went to a few games as a student, simply because I knew I was getting to watch a legend and a hero coach that team. My respect for Coach Summitt has only increased watching her over the past year or so. She is truly a class act, a role model, one of the best motivators of all time, and most importantly exactly the kind of person I think many of us would strive to be. I watched my wife go through two heartbreaking miscarriages (not 6 like Pat endured in order to have Tyler), and took comfort from Pat having shared her story. There is always hope where people continue to fight. We now have a beautiful 7 week old boy. I grew up watching Alzheimer's slowly and devastatingly eat away at my grandfather until there was nothing left to take. Now it is our turn to hold her up. She has given so much of her life to mentoring, teaching, and raising young girls to be strong, proud, successful women. I want to give back to her. We must continue to rally around this national treasure, letting her know what she means to us and fighting her disease alongside her. My heart breaks for her and her family, but I am amazed at the grace, poise, and dignity she brings to this struggle (although at this point, you'd think we wouldn't be surprised by her strength). She will always be a Vol, and we Vols will always have her back.

Thanks for sharing your story.
congrats on the birth of your son
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
seems to have worked out for Kiffin
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol_in_ar View Post
seems to have worked out for Kiffin
Not really. Which job did he have a birthright to based on his name?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydell View Post
That should have been on someone's list when searching for a football coach.
It should have been at the top of the list.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #23 (permalink)

Isn't this the first year in which Tyler S. has actually had a coaching job? Can we stop with all the talk of him coaching UT? Maybe he will in ten + years, but until then let's stop. It takes more than a name to win nowadays, in case anyone has missed the last few years.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Isn't this the first year in which Tyler S. has actually had a coaching job? Can we stop with all the talk of him coaching UT? Maybe he will in ten + years, but until then let's stop. It takes more than a name to win nowadays, in case anyone has missed the last few years.
T.S. is "very" young. He probably muses over the fact that he would like to come back and coach where P.S. coached. But, by the time he "MIGHT" be ready to entertain coaching here, P.S.'s memory will likely be just a glimmer and he would likely have to be a world beater and have that type record to even be considered as HC here. And, that is even assuming UT "might" need a coach. T.S. is just another coach until he gets quite a bit longer in tooth, and demonstrates ability. All that said, strange and unexpected things sometimes happen in college athletics. Witness the MH coaching selection debacles.

Last edited by sjrobert; 12-31-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
jp1

Quote:
T.S. is "very" young. He probably muses over the fact that he would like to come back and coach where P.S. coached. But, by the time he "MIGHT" be ready to entertain coaching here, P.S.'s memory will likely be just a glimmer and he would likely have to be a world beater and have that type record to even be considered as HC here. And, that is even assuming UT "might" need a coach. T.S. is just another coach until he gets quite a bit longer in tooth, and demonstrates ability. All that said, strange and unexpected things sometimes happen in college athletics. Witness the MH coaching selection debacles.
Do you really think Pat's legacy will just be a "glimmer" in any LV fans memory within the next 25 years? Thats crazy talk.....if you believe otherwise you are a fool.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Do you really think Pat's legacy will just be a "glimmer" in any LV fans memory within the next 25 years? Thats crazy talk.....if you believe otherwise you are a fool.
In the next 25 years? Of course. Memories and the emotions that go with them fade for everyone in varying degrees over time.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
It's disappointing to see a poster branded as "crazy" or, a "fool" just because they disagree with the opinion of another poster, particularly when there is no way to determine the answer to the point in question. That type of response will make potential posters think twice about posting on this forum. It's disrespectful.

I have to agree that fame is fleeting. Look at some individuals whose fame has faded. Jim Thorpe, Audie Murphy, Jesse Owens.

The public can change their opinion rapidly. All that needs to happen is for some juicy tidbit to become public a la Joe Paterno, O.J. Simpson, Tiger Woods.

Things that would affect Pat's stature in history would be someone equaling or exceeding her National Championship total. Also, Women's college basketball isn't a widely followed sport, and Tennessee isn't followed by many outside the state. That's a pretty small population in the scheme of things. Another factor is the advanced average age of Tennessee's fan base. If we can't keep playing at the highest level young fans will go elsewhere.

I'd say we should enjoy what Pat has given us and not worry about the future.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

I hope Tyler has a desire to come back and coach at TN,he does need time away from his mom,the legend ,as far as being the head coach,i do hope CHW has long and great run

as all ways Go Lady Vols
Reply With Quote TOP