congrats CHW first home win

After the first game I didn't know if this team could dominate anybody. This team is looking like a Lady Vols team now.

Reactions: 1 person
They looked really good. This team probably has less talent but a better attitude than the last team. They are young and there will be some growing pains.

I am not sure how good Rice is but last year's team couldn't have had this few turnovers vs. air. I wasn't real impressed with Holly last year but I can already see improvement in some areas of her coaching. Our execution was as good as I can remember.

These girls have played together very little and they had some nerves in their first road game and at the start of this game, their first big game at home. They are still trying to figure out their roles.

I don't think they have the horses to win the SEC but they will make up for a lot of that with effort and execution if they play like they did tonight.

They looked really good. This team probably has less talent but a better attitude than the last team. They are young and there will be some growing pains.

I am not sure how good Rice is but last year's team couldn't have had this few turnovers vs. air. I wasn't real impressed with Holly last year but I can already see improvement in some areas of her coaching. Our execution was as good as I can remember.

These girls have played together very little and they had some nerves in their first road game and at the start of this game, their first big game at home. They are still trying to figure out their roles.

I don't think they have the horses to win the SEC but they will make up for a lot of that with effort and execution if they play like they did tonight.

Difficult to tell at this time. If they continue to play as they did tonight, I think the SEC is theirs to take. The Bull Dogs don't play anyone until they get us in January. Vandy has a pretty easy schedule until January, when we play them. Kentucky played a fluff for their first win and got smacked by 34 against Baylor. Their only other test will come in December against Louisville. I like our outlook for taking the SEC again this year. We have some loses on our schedule as does everyone else. Will be fun watching this first year play out.

Lots of people want to judge Holly on her coaching last year but I.m not sure people understand the position Holly was in last year. Was it Pat's team or was it her team? I think she had a hard time trying to coach but was trying to not just push Pat completely out of the loop. It just didn't work. I like whay I've seen this year and let us not forget the two new assistants. There is a lot of coaching going on up and down the bench. The future looks bright to me. They will take their lumps but this team should continue to improve. GO LADY VOLS!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I think we saw Kyra's influence on defense. We have depth that we can exert a lot of pressure defense and that should set the tone for offense. I, too, hope the upper classmen can show maturiy and confidence without having to feel the pressure of making all the plays.

Lots of people want to judge Holly on her coaching last year but I.m not sure people understand the position Holly was in last year.

I said at the time that Pat had put her assistants in an untenable position. They had the responsibility of telling her when she was not functioning properly but at the same time they were her subordinates whose livelihoods depended upon Pat being healthy and maintaining her job. There was no guarantee that Holly or any of the other coaches would be retained or that they wouldn't get crosswise of Pat once her disease started talking.

You also can't coach by committee.

That having been said I saw a lot of problems that were completely due to Holly. She obviously had, and has, a lot of growing to do as a floor coach. We are going to find out a lot about her as a coach this year. I am just reassured that the group of girls we have now does not seem to have the mental blocks that the last group had. It is early but they already appear more resilient and energetic as a group.

Let's just find a way to win, baby!

VN Store

Back