Graves Earns SEC Honors

VN News

After her first week of playing college basketball at Tennessee, Bashaara Graves is already drawing rave reviews.

More...

I see stardom in her too. A relentless workhorse like that is just the kind of player we need. Gotta love those rebounders!

She seems to be a bit more poised than GloJo as a freshman. As good as GloJo was at UT, I think Graves will be the better player of the two. Glory had a monster senior year. I say the Graves will be SEC Rookie of the Year, and an All American before she graduates! She is simply a BEAST, and will have a better rookie season that GloJo. I don't mean that as an attack on Glory, nor am I implying that she wasn't a great Lady Vol! I just simply think that Graves is a more consistent and less erratic at this point in her career than Glory was as a freshman.

Slow your roll. She's only played 3 games and appears to have a promising career, but lets wait a while before we say she will be better than Glory. I have never seen a lady as active on the boards as GJ and if Graves is even close I would be ecstatic. I will say Graves appears to be a better scorer early on.

Slow your roll. She's only played 3 games and appears to have a promising career, but lets wait a while before we say she will be better than Glory. I have never seen a lady as active on the boards as GJ and if Graves is even close I would be ecstatic. I will say Graves appears to be a better scorer early on.

From what I have seen so far, and remembering the same first three games for Johnson, Graves seems to be ahead. Granted, it is only after three games, but I really like the way Graves understands the game and plays aggressively but under control. Graves also was nearly unstoppable in the world games in which she played. We have a very good one in Graves. I think Johnson finally reaches her potential during the middle of her junior year and finished very strongly. If Graves improves as much Johnson did, Graves sould be the #1 pick when she leaves the Lady Vols.

I like the way this team is shaping up. If the veterans can lead and play under control and up to their potential I see the youngsters helping them to reach new heights.

VN Store

Back