Lady Vol Hoops Central: Chattanooga

VN News

The Lady Vols open the season Friday night at Chattanooga.
video2.png
BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO l GAME NOTES l TICKETS l LIVE STATS l
video2.png
WATCH/LISTEN LIVE LIVE BLOG

More...

Reactions: 1 person
My sister-in-law picked up tickets yesterday for her, my brother and me! Can't wait to see the Lady Vols!!

Wish I could go & be apart of cheering on my favorite team. Here's to wishing our Lady Vols a great winning season & to an injury FREE season. Play a good hard & strong defense and play a good aggressive offense. Show America & the SEC that we are still relevant with a new sheriff at the helm.

Why in the world are we playing AT Chattanooga?

I could be a smart-a$$ and simply say, because we signed a contract, but I believe your question is really why did we agree to play at Chattanooga. That answer is lengthier.

One, Wes Moore has consistently good teams and, thus, provides something of an early season challenge, without necessarily being overpowering.

Second, a team can't play all of their games at home. Expense of road trips, however, has to be taken into consideration, particularly in these trying times. Chattanooga provides a decent challenge, especially to a young team, without incurring the expense of a long distance road trip, both for the team and the Lady Vol fans.

Third, I think Wes Moore and Pat Summitt and Holly Warlick have a friendly relationship. You do things for your friends. By agreeing to go to their house they get a full house at triple their usual ticket cost. Thus giving them a financial and exposure boost.

I'm sure there are other factors, but this is just my two cents.

Jim

Last edited:
I love it when they play here in Chattanooga. Basketball is not something I'm going to drive 2 hours for to see a game and drive back especially when most games are night games. So being able to drive 45 minutes to see the Lady Vols is great this will only be my 2nd time seeing the Lady Vols in person. My last time was a couple of years ago when thy played here.

I hope that Coach Martin and the Vols can schedule another game down here in the future.

Lady Vols-20 UTC-18. 4 minutes to go in 1st half. Lady Vols have 13 turnovers.

All tied up at the half at 28. Lady Vols have 17 or 18 turnovers by my count. They just aren't playing well at all. I believe they're shooting something like 30% from the field.

Lady Vols down by 12 with 5 minutes remaining. 25 turnovers for the Lady Vols. Terrible, terrible performance. If they lose, they will fall out of the Top 25. How long has it been since that happened?

Last edited:
Well, looks like we're going to welcome in the Holly Warlick era with a loss. 35% shooting from the floor with 25+ turnovers. WOW. Pathetic.

This is gonna be a long season. Very surprised that we can't guard anybody and turned the ball over 25 times amazing.

Chattanooga scores 80 on you that is bad defense. 25 turnovers that is bad offense. We should be able to hold Chattanooga to 60 not looking good for this season.

UTC made our defense look like a joke. They hit shot after shot and got way too many easy looks. Their defense made our ladies look horrible. 25+ turnovers and we couldn't throw it in the ocean.

VN Store

Back