Lady Vols BBALL Recruiting?

CagleMtnVol

Just found out that The board I usually go to for Lady Vol's recruiting info just went premium.

So does anyone here have any inside info to what's happening on the recruiting trail for Coach Warlick?

According to ESPN Hoopgurlz Top 100, Tennessee has signed the #5, #21, #39 overall ranked players, and Nia Moore. As far as current recruiting goes I couldn't find anything.

According to ESPN Hoopgurlz Top 100, Tennessee has signed the #5, #21, #39 overall ranked players, and Nia Moore. As far as current recruiting goes I couldn't find anything.

#5 may become the best player in her class (She is playing better than everyone for Team USA), while that#21 ranked player was considered a Top 10 player in her class until she had the ACL unjury, and #39 is one of the Top 3 athletes in her class. This class will be as good as the majority of UT's classes in the past, now it is up the the new coaches to keep it up. I think they will! GO BIG ORANGE!

#5 may become the best player in her class (She is playing better than everyone for Team USA), while that#21 ranked player was considered a Top 10 player in her class until she had the ACL unjury, and #39 is one of the Top 3 athletes in her class. This class will be as good as the majority of UT's classes in the past, now it is up the the new coaches to keep it up. I think they will! GO BIG ORANGE!

It will be a good class: it could be an outstanding class with Russell and or Davis.

Adding those two (their ranked #1 & #2 by ESPN) plus #5 Harper, #8 Tucker (already committed), #10 Scaife, and one of the the post players were after (#19 Washington or #42 Harris) would assure that we stay an elite program for a while.

Getting them all is impossible (only because of the number of schollys), but getting 3-4 of them would be possible, and there is a good chance of it happening. We are still TENNESSEE!!!!

Carter was indeed top ten before her injury and Jones (#39) was top 15 at one point (if not top ten ... I keep thinking she was #8 at one point). I'm still not sure what caused her huge drop in the ranking but I believe she's better than #39.

Concerning the class of 2013, Russell remains our biggest target. Her final list is down to Louisville, Tennessee and North Carolina, it seems. I would expect her to take all her official visits so I don't expect her to commit until the fall.

We are also recruiting several other outstanding players, most notably Linnae Harper (combo guard from Illinois). I also think we are after Tyler Scaife (highest ranked PG in the class ... from Arkansas), Rebecca Greenwell (I think she goes to Louisville, Kentucky or Notre Dame ... guard from Kentucky), Kendall Cooper (post from California), Ronni Williams (wing from Florida) and Halle Washington (forward from California). Jessica Jackson (post from Arkansas), Ieshia Small (another wing from Florida) and Roshunda Johnson (another point guard from Arkansas) are some other names.

Not really any inside information but it's something. :) Not sure which ones have full unconditional offers (I would guess Russell does, obviously ... and I would guess Harper and Greenwell do) and which ones don't, but keep in mind the biggest need is in the post. I also think with the graduation next year of Kamiko Williams (combo guard) and Taber Spani (wing), it would be wise to go after a combo guard (hence why I think Harper is probably the 2nd biggest target behind Russell). Tucker is a 2/3 so she would fill Spani's void.

We have to get a true post or a big forward. Right now I would like Harper, Russell (if not Russell ... Cooper) and a wing (Williams or Small) go along with Tucker. Scaife would be a nice little cherry on top of the sundae. :) She would be a freshman when Massengale is a junior so that is ideal IMO. I just don't think you pass up the best PG in the class. If not Russell I would like Halle Wilson.

Vols big problem in recent years has been coaching. There has been some spotty recruiting, to be sure--but the coaching is average at best, and below average when it comes to half-court offense. No final fours in four years.

Reactions: 1 person
Vols big problem in recent years has been coaching. There has been some spotty recruiting, to be sure--but the coaching is average at best, and below average when it comes to half-court offense. No final fours in four years.

I agree that the coaching situation may have had something to do with the lack of Championships recently, but.....

The senior class last season were the ones that were supposed to keep us winning national titles. Glory was #3 coming out of high school and she lived up to the ranking, Amber Gray (#4) got sick and left (she could've been that go to scorer we really needed), #8 Stricklin (super skilled) never developed a killer instinct and settled to much, #15 Manning, although a great kid, never lived up to her ranking, & #20 Brewer transfered out & we needed her size. That's three Top 8 players and five Top 20 players in one class! This might be one of the most disappointing classes ever, plus 6'6" Kelly Cain (one class in front of this one) never could stay healthy and stopped playing before her eligibility was up. Coaching had very little to do with most of this, and honestly, this class was very successful in the SEC while they were here.

I just wish we had been able to get the word out about this board to, what appeared to me to be, the large number of posters that can't or won't pay the premium price to maintain access to the board to which you refer. This board could become one of the premier boards for the Lady Vols if a number of them were to sign on here.

Jim

Just found out that The board I usually go to for Lady Vol's recruiting info just went premium.

So does anyone here have any inside info to what's happening on the recruiting trail for Coach Warlick?

welcome to the board CannonVol80 and TNfanInVirgina,glad you are here,I'm one that can't afford premium sites myself,but i do love following the Lady Vols,it it tough to keep up with them during the off season,not a lot of info out on them,keep us informed with what ever you can,i for one would appreciate it :)

Reactions: 3 people
I also left the other board. I hope the power play fails. I thought the idea was to converse with others. Apparently, they consider themselvs a newspaper.

I also left the other board. I hope the power play fails. I thought the idea was to converse with others. Apparently, they consider themselvs a newspaper.

I came over also for information about Lady Vol sports. I think the other board screwed up.

Reactions: 3 people
Can someone give me a breakdown on who we signed for 12? I haven't followed as hardcore as you guys.

Bashaara Graves, F #2 HT 6-2 HS Clarksville H.S. (TN)

Andraya Carter, PG #4 HT 5-8 HS Buford H.S. (GA)

Jasmine Jones, F #8 HT 6-1 HS Bob Jones H.S. (AL)

Nia Moore, F #83 HT 6-3 HS Bolingbrook H.S. (IL)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back