Nia Moore Signs With Lady Vols

VN News

Tennessee Head Women's Basketball Coach Holly Warlick has announced that Nia Moore, a 6-foot-3 forward from Bolingbrook, Ill., has joined the program.

More...

3 star

82nd best power forward

Not #82 overall. 82 best power forward.

I'm not usually one to complain or be negative, but we aren't starting off the Holly era with great recruiting.

Reactions: 3 people
3 star

82nd best power forward

Not #82 overall. 82 best power forward.

I'm not usually one to complain or be negative, but we aren't starting off the Holly era with great recruiting.

This was not typical recruiting and Holly should not be judged off of it. She added Nia and the junior college girl to fill out the bench. She needs to be judged after she has had a real chance to recruit.

I don't guess there is any possibility that we could like, wait until this team plays some games next year before we fall on our collective swords? No, probably not.

Warlick is doing everything she can to just have enough players on the roster to compete next year. This signing was one of desperation but I think it's pretty good to be able to pluck a player signed by another major university this late in the year. Who knows....Moore may be a Glory Johnson type beast on the defensive side of that ball. Every team needs defensive stoppers even if they don't have a developed offensive game.

This was not typical recruiting and Holly should not be judged off of it. She added Nia and the junior college girl to fill out the bench. She needs to be judged after she has had a real chance to recruit.

There should be no such thing as a desperation recruit or "filling out the bench" at the greatest women's school of all time.

I'm not saying Nia is a bad player, or that we will do bad because of her. I'm simply saying, starting the year off with a JUCO signee and a 3 star non top 150 player is NOT things UT should be doing for any reason. Those should be the rankings for the guys on our practice team.

Well, the program was desperate for post help. Is that Holly's fault. No it's not. She just became the head coach. The stars of this class have already signed. You take what you can get right now and start on recruiting the big guns to sign next year. People are really dense around here and evidently have no clue to what has transpired over the last 3 to 4 years. If Holly fails to bring in top players beginning next year, then complain, but it's not fair to her to gripe about this year.

Last edited:
Warlick is doing everything she can to just have enough players on the roster to compete next year. This signing was one of desperation but I think it's pretty good to be able to pluck a player signed by another major university this late in the year. Who knows....Moore may be a Glory Johnson type beast on the defensive side of that ball. Every team needs defensive stoppers even if they don't have a developed offensive game.

Glory Johnson was a 5 star player rated as one of the top 5 players in the country. Unfortunately we are missing out on this type of player now, UConn is getting most of them. We couldn't even sign the two Juco players we wanted. I hope Moore has a great career here at UT and leads us to championships but I think she is just filling out the roster.

Her senior stats are very similar to those of Vol signee Derek Reese.

I'd be surprised if either the Vols or the Lady Vols have ever before signed a player who didn't even have a double-digit scoring average in high school.

Well, the program was desperate for post help. Is that Holly's fault. No it's not. She just became the head coach. The stars of this class have already signed. You take what you can get right now and start on recruiting the big guns to sign next year. People are really dense around here and evidently have no clue to what has transpired over the last 3 to 4 years. If Holly fails to bring in top players beginning next year, then complain, but it's not fair to her to gripe about this year.

Some people complain just to be complaining and some people would complain if we signed a Michael Jordan-type player. You just have to over-look those that don't have a clue. Some players work out, others don't (i.e. Cam Clear--football).

There should be no such thing as a desperation recruit or "filling out the bench" at the greatest women's school of all time.I'm not saying Nia is a bad player, or that we will do bad because of her. I'm simply saying, starting the year off with a JUCO signee and a 3 star non top 150 player is NOT things UT should be doing for any reason. Those should be the rankings for the guys on our practice team.

Well put....just like KY men's team, if you build it they will come. Cannot lose that attitude by "filling the bench". It is not going to be acceptable.

there should be no such thing as a desperation recruit or "filling out the bench" at the greatest women's school of all time.

I'm not saying nia is a bad player, or that we will do bad because of her. I'm simply saying, starting the year off with a juco signee and a 3 star non top 150 player is not things ut should be doing for any reason. Those should be the rankings for the
guys on our practice team.

+1,000,000

VN Store

Back