Lady Vols Sign JUCO All-American

VN News

Tennessee Head Women's Basketball Coach Holly Warlick has announced the addition of Jasmine Phillips, a junior college All-American, to the 2011-12 signing class.

More...

Reactions: 1 person
Signing Jucos now? Must be desperate. Nonetheless, I hope Warlick has an AWESOME career! Go Lady Vols!

Signing Jucos now? Must be desperate. Nonetheless, I hope Warlick has an AWESOME career! Go Lady Vols!

Given that it only increases our numbers to ten players for next season, there might be a little desperation. Also, she is the third JUCO we've pursued, all of whom were forwards. I think we can safely assume the coaches are concerned about depth in the front court and are looking for players with the potential to help immediately. Add onto that the new uncertainty surrounding the program, and you have a difficult recruiting atmosphere. Any signing is a positive one. Go Vols!!!

I asked this earlier but does anyone know what's up with that kaela Davis girl? She was committed for a long time and at first said she was sticking with UT through the Summit situation , but I saw an article saying she's now opened her recruitment back up. Any word? Apparently she's a true stud... A consensus #1 or #2 player for next cycle I believe.

I asked this earlier but does anyone know what's up with that kaela Davis girl? She was committed for a long time and at first said she was sticking with UT through the Summit situation , but I saw an article saying she's now opened her recruitment back up. Any word? Apparently she's a true stud... A consensus #1 or #2 player for next cycle I believe.

She has reopened her recruitment, but she hasn't made any decisions. Tennessee is still being considered, but if I'm going with my gut, we're a long shot to land her.

What this team needs are some 'bigs', and they simply couldn't recruit any to come in. Post players were always the cornerstone of Pat's success, and I'm afraid if they don't get some to come in next year, big trouble!
Now they'll have to rely on Burdick and Harrison down low, and they need more development...

Jasmine if from here in Hartsville, SC where she dominated the high school ranks and played for one of the legendary high school coaches in girls basketball = Pat Hewitt. She was headed to North Carolina and ended up going to JUCO. She has a smooth stroke and handles the ball well.

VN Store

Back