NCAA Softball Tournament

tbwhhs

Lady Vols are the #7 overall seed they play the winner of Georgia's regional if they advance.

We should win our region easily, will be a battle if we play Ga, and will most likely be headed home if we have to face Bama prior to getting to the WCWS.

We should win our region easily, will be a battle if we play Ga, and will most likely be headed home if we have to face Bama prior to getting to the WCWS.

We wouldn't face Bama until the WCWS...that would be our first round opponent, if we win and they win through the super-regional.

We wouldn't face Bama until the WCWS...that would be our first round opponent, if we win and they win through the super-regional.

Exactly. And, if bama should beat them in the WCWS, they are still playing until they lose another game. I just wanna see them get there. If pitching is on they can beat anybody.

Their present problem is just getting past these three teams and then Ga, if Ga wins their own regional. What happened last year in the regional (losing at home) may help them this year.

My only gripe in the WCWS is always the same....SEC teams beating up on each other after playing against those same teams all season. I guess it's much the same as it used to be when a lot of the teams were Pac-10 (12) teams and they eliminated each other...but still I wish they could set it up to play one conference team against another more often. It seems like we've played Georgia 100 times in the WCWS or in regionals.

I don't agree that it will be a battle against Georgia. Tenn would throttle them. Don't think we would end up playing alabubba, but wouldn't be worried even if we did. This team is capable of beating any team in America.

Would they definitely do the 2-7 matchup? I think they do from experience following this event, but the bracket on ncaa.com makes it look like they re-seed everybody at the WCWS. In other words, if, say, the #6 team fails to make the WCWS, Tenn would move up to #6 and not play Bama first.

At least the UGA series would be at home, but I wish they would avoid conference rematches in the Round of 16, unless they have no choice.

Would they definitely do the 2-7 matchup? I think they do from experience following this event, but the bracket on ncaa.com makes it look like they re-seed everybody at the WCWS. In other words, if, say, the #6 team fails to make the WCWS, Tenn would move up to #6 and not play Bama first.

At least the UGA series would be at home, but I wish they would avoid conference rematches in the Round of 16, unless they have no choice.

Unless they changed it this year they would play whoever comes out of Alabama's part of the bracket.

Tennessee loses to Miami (Ohio) 1-0, face elimination tomorrow (Sat.)at 4pm vs. UAB. Ivy pitched a great game. Frustrating.

Lady vols have to win 2 games today to advance to tomorrow, and win 2 games tomorrow to advance to the super regionals. Hopefully they come out hungry. Well more than hungry...more like starving...

Lady vols have to win 2 games today to advance to tomorrow, and win 2 games tomorrow to advance to the super regionals. Hopefully they come out hungry. Well more than hungry...more like starving...

Well, they won 19 in a row against competition very much similar to this....in about 15 of the games. When they face this same Miami pitcher again, I see a different game plan with better at-bats and more steals. They'll make her throw strikes.

The only fuss I have about the game is that Raven Chavanne led off the bottom of the first clearly beating out a throw to first by at least a step. It wasn't a "bang-bang" play at all-wasn't even close. Both coaches and the first base coach argued it after the play and after the end of the inning Ralph went on the field to complain to the ump, who must have just decided the first play was gonna be an out and had her right hand cocked after breakfast this morning. It started off the game on a sour note.

Another slaughter rule win! This time 8-0 over Miami. I hope the arms are this strong and bats are this lively tomorrow! Let's go Lady Vols!

Well, the Lady Vols got their chance at Jessica Simpson again and had no problems. I think Ellen and Ivy are primed for tomorrow. If the bats stay lively they can win both games. Like my old coach said about double elimination..."...just win the first game....they'll worry about the second more than us."

In 2008, VT had to beat UT twice to advance. Unfortunately, they did. UT was up early, but rain delayed the game 1... After the rain, VT came back and won the first and then shutout UT in the second. I think it is time for some payback!

In 2008, VT had to beat UT twice to advance. Unfortunately, they did. UT was up early, but rain delayed the game 1... After the rain, VT came back and won the first and then shutout UT in the second. I think it is time for some payback!

It's do or die. I think they get it done. Go lady Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would it be a double header against them today if they were to win the first game?

VN Store

Back