coach Summitt deserves a statue

Why is it too soon? Why not put one up now to honor her legacy? I think we should put up 8 of them...

Reactions: 2 people
They should put one up while she can appreciate it

Totally agree with this post. She may have the fast acting disease. My father had it. Would like for her to see it before we wait too long. She needs to see it and be able to understand what it is all about . Her family will not get the same benefit that she will get.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO......Pat Head Summitt is women's basketball. She almost invented it. She is what it is today. No question !!!!

So true. Did u see the reaction when she stepped down? It pretty much proved that she is a legend for not only UT but for the sport of basketball, men or womens, in general. She deserves a statue now in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
And why is that exactly?

My thoughts were that with everything going on right now. The presidental awards and all the acclaim. That it would be better to wait until everything calms down some. I think then it would be less detractions and stand out more. Not denighing she deserves it. JMHO.

Last edited:
The biggest thing with most on these boards is they say women sports don't matter. WOMEN MATTER PERIOD. How the hell do you think some of you have become fathers already, including me? Get a d**n grip on reality people. This thread should be one of the biggest in VN history. Pat Summitt is more successful than the General ever was when it comes to men and women's athletics in UT history no matter how any of you feel. This isn't the 60's anymore, it's time to let go of the women's rights sh*t. Let's all give our prayers and thanks to Pat for everything she has done for UT athletics. She has been the shining star for this university for as long as any of us can remember. Yeah, we as men have the sandwich jokes and what not, but this LEGEND in UT athletics has represented this university with class, integrity, and has put us on the map period. Everybody on this site should show their appreciation for Pat.

The biggest thing with most on these boards is they say women sports don't matter. WOMEN MATTER PERIOD. How the hell do you think some of you have become fathers already, including me? Get a d**n grip on reality people. This thread should be one of the biggest in VN history. Pat Summitt is more successful than the General ever was when it comes to men and women's athletics in UT history no matter how any of you feel. This isn't the 60's anymore, it's time to let go of the women's rights sh*t. Let's all give our prayers and thanks to Pat for everything she has done for UT athletics. She has been the shining star for this university for as long as any of us can remember. Yeah, we as men have the sandwich jokes and what not, but this LEGEND in UT athletics has represented this university with class, integrity, and has put us on the map period. Everybody on this site should show their appreciation for Pat.

why hasn't the statue already been up?
Should have been one up years ago!
Lets call the head of UT and ask when.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back