Ellen Refroe

Escape Goat

All VOL !!!
Threw her first collegiate no hitter yesterday, so I thought she deserved a thread, especially as dominate as she has been this whole season. Ellen is now 18-1 on the year. The next best (record wise anyways) is big sister Ivy, who is 7-6.

I don't see why Ellen isn't pitching every single game, except when the rare occasion she needs some rest. Why is Ivy pitching so many games? Is it to keep her happy, or what? I'm confused on this matter, and maybe someone with more knowledge on this matter can help fill me in. Lady Vols are now 25-7 on the year.

Reactions: 4 people
I think their just trying to get Ivy to play out of her slump. She pitched her 2 best games of the year last week, but struggled in another one. If she's not back to her old self by the end of the year, I'm sure Ellen will be pitching every game. What a player she is. I'm 90% sure I'm right about this, that her record is 5-0 against teams ranked #1 or #2 in the country. She also is at her best with runners on base threatening to score. The more pressure the better she is. So I'd like to make the CWS as a #7 or #8 seed.

I agree. the good thing about softball is how much less damaging pitching is on the arms. You can have a girl who can throw every other day if need be. Having two or three elite pitchers isn't just for rest, it's more for having a different type of pitching. I had no clue ellen was that good this year though. Something tells me come CWS time she won't know any view but the one from the mound.

One game Ivy pitches, the next game Ellen pitches. Cycle continues. That's all they're doing.

ncaa_ellen_renfroe1_200.jpg

(they're our only hope for a championship this year, we have to be behind them)

Why is Ivy having such problems this year?

It really makes no sense. While she may have not built on her dominating performance to get us to the CWS her freshman year the way we were hoping, she's still been an outstanding pitcher. I wonder if she may have an injury we don't know about? It's not uncommon at all for athletes to cover up injuries. Once again though, she pitched really great 2 games last week so maybe she'll be back to herself soon.

It really makes no sense. While she may have not built on her dominating performance to get us to the CWS her freshman year the way we were hoping, she's still been an outstanding pitcher. I wonder if she may have an injury we don't know about? It's not uncommon at all for athletes to cover up injuries. Once again though, she pitched really great 2 games last week so maybe she'll be back to herself soon.

She's working hard, and she has been pitching much better but teams are still hitting the ball harder and more often against her than they were last year or her freshman year. It may be a concentration thing (placement) or she might be losing some movement on her breaking stuff. I'm confident she will get back to her dominating self in time.

After the Kentucky's 1st at bat vs Ellen, a great example of what I'm talking about. Ky leads off with a triple and about 10 minutes later, Ellen get's out of it without them scoring.....

Why is Ivy having such problems this year?

I don't know Dave. I only catch them when they are on TV. all I know is their records and performance. Ellen is clearly our #1. She should start ever game that's nnot a double header. Im dumbfounded.

I dont agree. She has lost alot this year. I know a parent of a Lady Vol posts on here and I may catch some flack for my posts tonight, but so be it. This is Ellens team from a defensive standpoint. There should be no argument to it.

VN Store

Back