Seniors Key 68-57 UT's Win Over Vandy

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
No. 2-seeded Tennessee outlasted a feisty No. 7 seed Vanderbilt team to advance to the SEC Tournament Semifinals with a 68-57 victory at Bridgestone Arena on a stormy Friday evening.

More...

Got to go today since I was sent home early from work due to the weather. Stricklen got in a zone and it was fun to watch her.

I hope they do some free throw shooting practice. Shot 63.2% and it seemed at the game like it was worse. Vandy shot 92.9%. That was probably a key to reducing the 19 point lead.

Last edited:
I can't believe we let a 19 point lead go away. They started off on fire and just went south for a while. At least we got the win. Keep pushin' on for PAT!!!

Got to go today since I was sent home early from work due to the weather. Stricklen got in a zone and it was fun to watch her.

I hope they do some free throw shooting practice. Shot 63.2% and it seemed at the game like it was worse. Vandy shot 92.9%. That was probably a key to reducing the 19 point lead.

Stricklen absolutely took the game over in the second half, after being a no-show the first half. Same could be said about Glory. I hate to see what this team will become when those two leave. Gonna miss them.

Watching dear Pat basically having to be guided by DeMoss at the end of the game was horrifying-even though I have no idea if right then she was feeling her illness badly or just preoccupied or what. Watch the highlights. So sad. We already miss you terribly, Pat. One of a kind. Mold broken.

I sure hope these girls can at least win the SEC tourney.

She looks lost. I feel horrible over it. Very sad time. I thought she would guide us for atleast 20 more seasons. Just hope we hire the right person to take over her legacy. We deserve it after all she has done to get us in this position.

VN Store

Back