LV Softball At This Time, Evaluation?

DrDave

What is the evaluation of the softball team at this point of the season?

I think (and that's the point of this post) that we've lost a couple of games due to mental mistakes by players who should not be making those mistakes.

Are we healthy and ready to play?

Are the freshmen playing as we need them to?

What is the evaluation of the softball team at this point of the season?

I think (and that's the point of this post) that we've lost a couple of games due to mental mistakes by players who should not be making those mistakes.

Are we healthy and ready to play?

Are the freshmen playing as we need them to?

I find it interesting that I've asked these questions and NO ONE HAS MADE ANY COMMENT.

Do folks not know/care that softball is the one chance UT has for a national championship for UT in the next few years?

I find it interesting that I've asked these questions and NO ONE HAS MADE ANY COMMENT.

Do folks not know/care that softball is the one chance UT has for a national championship for UT in the next few years?

Should be undefeated. Seems we have to have Raven in the lineup or the others go to sleep. Ivy is a great person, and has been a great picture, but it seems she loses focus at critical times and gives up big hits or walks, and then the home runs, which have killed us. She is better than that. I hope she will relax and get back to being herself. I have to wonder if someone has tried to change her pitching style and messed her up.

We have some players who have been sleepwalking. I hope they will wake up and start hitting the ball like they are capable of. Think we need to dwell on just hitting the ball and not going for the fence so much.

Our team also has to be a running team. We spray more hits and cut down the strikeouts, we will be fine. I have faith Ivy will get back on track. It will not only help her, but will help take the pressure off Ellen.

Hopefully, the early giveaways to California, Texas, and Winthorp will be a lesson well learned, and we will be a better team from here on out.

We have the players to win a National Championship. They only have to believe it and play like it.

I can't comment, because I don't even know their record. Sorry Dave.

I really can't comment either because my DD is a team member but team is 10-3 plus the win last night over the Dutch National team... 11-3

Team lost to #1 ranked Cal Berkeley 13-5. we left bases loaded 4 times against the Pac 12 pitcher of the year. I think they had 8 or more runs off the long ball.

Team lost 3-2 in extra innings with an International tie breaker. Texas scored 2 to win in bottom of the 9th on a 2 out, no ball 2 strike inside the park homer to a very fast slap hitter. Pitcher for Texas is a pitcher on the US National Team and struck out a bunch and stranded a bunch on base.

Team lost 3-2 to Winthrop. Winthrop scored in bottom of the 7th to win the game.

Nutshell... need better clutch hitting with runners in scoring position and minimize the long ball by our opponents.

I really can't comment either because my DD is a team member but team is 10-3 plus the win last night over the Dutch National team... 11-3

Team lost to #1 ranked Cal Berkeley 13-5. we left bases loaded 4 times against the Pac 12 pitcher of the year. I think they had 8 or more runs off the long ball.

Team lost 3-2 in extra innings with an International tie breaker. Texas scored 2 to win in bottom of the 9th on a 2 out, no ball 2 strike inside the park homer to a very fast slap hitter. Pitcher for Texas is a pitcher on the US National Team and struck out a bunch and stranded a bunch on base.

Team lost 3-2 to Winthrop. Winthrop scored in bottom of the 7th to win the game.

Nutshell... need better clutch hitting with runners in scoring position and minimize the long ball by our opponents.

Thanks for not commenting.:)

Seriously, this is the most information I've gotten about the season so far. I appreciate you posting it here. I know it's kind of dicey posting information and drawing the line, but post often and let us know how the season is going. I watch the LV's softball every chance I get when they're on the tube, and right now it's rare. Box scores don't really give the full picture.

The website said that they beat the Dutch National Team 8-7, they could have it wrong though. They beat Memphis 7-0 this morning, and have only given up 4 runs in their last 6 games not counting the exhibition game against the Dutch. The hitting with runners on base will get better, but as long as they are playing good defensively and limiting the home runs they will be at or near the top of the SEC standings

The website said that they beat the Dutch National Team 8-7, they could have it wrong though. They beat Memphis 7-0 this morning, and have only given up 4 runs in their last 6 games not counting the exhibition game against the Dutch. The hitting with runners on base will get better, but as long as they are playing good defensively and limiting the home runs they will be at or near the top of the SEC standings

The website said that they beat the Dutch National Team 8-7, they could have it wrong though...

8-7 was the correct score...... 11-3 is the record.... I said 10-3 because the game against the Dutch was an exhibition game and doesn't count... hence the 10-3 / 11-3 reference.

"officially" 10-3 but between friends... 11-3 plus Todays win against Memphis 7-0.

So just to be clear.... the record after the Memphis game Today is 11-3 or 12-3 if you want to count the exhibition game against the Dutch.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. As an interested softball fan, I would like to hear more of what is happening inside the team.

Why is the younger Renfro pitcher having problems?

The website said that they beat the Dutch National Team 8-7, they could have it wrong though...

8-7 was the correct score...... 11-3 is the record.... I said 10-3 because the game against the Dutch was an exhibition game and doesn't count... hence the 10-3 / 11-3 reference.

"officially" 10-3 but between friends... 11-3 plus Todays win against Memphis 7-0.

So just to be clear.... the record after the Memphis game Today is 11-3 or 12-3 if you want to count the exhibition game against the Dutch.

I got it. Ivy threw a 1-hit shutout in tonight's 8-0 win over ETSU, hopefully she's over giving up the home runs.

Thank you for the info. As an interested softball fan, I would like to hear more of what is happening inside the team.

Why is the younger Renfro pitcher having problems?

The younger renfroe is ellen, and from what i know shes been pretty good so far..ivy threw against CAL, and she constantly was working behind in the count..cant do that against one of the best teams in the country

Our girls are beginning to look like they are supposed to look. If Ivy Renfroe gets back to where she should be, (and she looked like it yesterday), we will be fighting for a National Championship.

The games we lost all seemed to be a result of losing focus, especially late in the game by Ivy, although Ellen gave up some runs late in those games.

I believe the new players are settling in and will be real contributors from now on.

Love the Lady Vols!

VN Store

Back