Postgame Quotes: Arkansas 72, #9 Tennessee 71 (OT)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Postgame quotes from Tennessee's 72-71 overtime loss to Arkansas on Thursday evening at Thompson-Boling Arena.

More...

You gotta give the Razorback girls credit. They took the beatdown they took earlier and made sure they stayed competitive this time around. You know what they say the underdog just wants to be in it in final minutes for a punchers chance.

There has to be over 60 years of assistant coaching experience in the huddle during time outs without Pat. Why does it take 4 assistants all of a time out to come up with situational changes and player selections? They use nearly the whole time to talk to themselves and not to the team. This is turning into a bad joke. They run a high school level or less offense. They cannot play man to man D anymore, much less press effectively. They have a PF playing C. They have the SF playing SG.

Think about it coaches. What type of players did you have when you last won a NCAA championship? Candace and Nicky playing at the same time for 30 minutes a game on the inside - where you dominated. Not anymore. One big at a time now. Run the floor - pass it once or twice - jack a shot up outside or off balance on a drive. Miss it, no rebound, run down the floor and get in a zone D. Game after game. If they get hot and make some shots you win most of them. If they don't or miss FT's you lose. It's not rocket science. You have succeeded in taking the team down to mediocrity. They do not even come close to resembling a disciplined, tough D/rebounding, Lady Vol team of the past.

Wow, just wow.

Wow Vols4Us. The reasons you talked about is why some assistants struggle when becoming the head person. Too many folks looking to Pat over the years and now that they somewhat have the oppurtunity they cant step up and make the tough decisions. Thats why I hope they go get a current head coach when Pat and the university decide it is best for her to walk away. But I wouldnt say mediocrity by the way. That is a tad of an over reaction.

Wow Vols4Us. The reasons you talked about is why some assistants struggle when becoming the head person. Too many folks looking to Pat over the years and now that they somewhat have the oppurtunity they cant step up and make the tough decisions. Thats why I hope they go get a current head coach when Pat and the university decide it is best for her to walk away. But I wouldnt say mediocrity by the way. That is a tad of an over reaction.

if this is pat's last year. i hope we find coaches outside of the family. there should be no excuse for this loss.

I have to agree on the final time out..The 4 coaches just talking amongst themselves, while the team just set on the bench with no instructions....Committee coaching at it's worse!

Why is Burdick only shooting the occasional shot? She shot twice (scored) and past up numerous opportunities but instead passed the ball inside, which was lost several times.

Ariel does not pull up and shoot the 10 footer, but drives inside the trees and gets destroyed....

Their point guard drives right, very poor driving left....shade her to her right and make her go left....simple basic bb....

Make the free throws when you have to, and miss when you have to......

Manning is a disaster on most offensive possessions...She should sit...Give Burdick her minutes.

Simmons should not be watching like us on the couch......POOR COACHING.

This team needs all the former lady Vols it can get, at one time, to come into the dressing room and give the girls hello for the sad state the team has become.

Is there an actual hierarchy to the assistants? I have never heard the announcers say Holly is running the team. I may have miised it.

In the end, the schedule difference had a lot to do with how this turned out. UK got Miss. State and Bama twice - two teams near the bottom of the league. We got Vandy and Arky twice - two teams in the top half.

VN Store

Back