GAMEDAY CENTRAL: #10/9 UT vs. Arkansas

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Tennessee returns home to take on the Razorbacks Thursday at 7 p.m.
video_icon.png
WATCH LIVE | LIVE AUDIO | GAMETRACKER | GAME NOTES

More...

OT game and 80 % of the fans sitting with hands politely folded. Performers of all types derive their energy from the audience.

Wow, when your "supposed" All-American misses FT's like Stricklen has tonight, what else would you expect. Stricklen pulled the big choke tonight.

Reactions: 1 person
If Holly Warlick remains head coach in waiting, this is pretty much what you're going to see. She's good at drawing up plays but she needs to have a seat and let someone else fill in for Pat Summitt.

Lady Vols have McDonalds All Americans on the bench. Arkansas probably doesn't have a single one.

Not sure why I wasted my time watching this. Won't make that mistake again.

sloppy game tonight ladies ... no excuse for this type play at this stage of the season. early in the season maybe but not with 1st place riding on it.

If Holly Warlick remains head coach in waiting, this is pretty much what you're going to see. She's good at drawing up plays but she needs to have a seat and let someone else fill in for Pat Summitt.

Lady Vols have McDonalds All Americans on the bench. Arkansas probably doesn't have a single one.

don't worry, after this her ass is gone. pat will retire and they will clean house. i look for them to bring in a coach with no vol ties whatsoever. i really hope they do this. a lot of great coaches out there who would love this job. sorry coaching by this staff.

If she's the next coach, UT becomes the next Louisiana Tech. A once dominant program that fades into irrelevance.

Another pathetic effort. That's become the norm for this group. They talk the talk but they don't walk the walk.

i live out here, so this is doubly tough to take. but in fairness, the hogettes are not the same team the lady vols abused in january. they were something like 0-4 in the conference to start (as usual), since then, they're 9-1 in the conference (counting tonight). collen has this team believing in themselves. and no, there isn't an all american on the team. collen has done the best job since gary blair. the lady vols could do a lot worse when they pick pat's successor.

Last edited:
OT game and 80 % of the fans sitting with hands politely folded. Performers of all types derive their energy from the audience.

I would never think I'd see anyone blaming the fans for a Lady Vols loss.

It was Arkansas. At home. They beat them by 30 points AT Ark. They should have won by 30 points even if noone was in the stands.

Coaching went out the window when Pat Summitt retired before the season started. And if you don't think Pat Summitt retired, you're fooling yourself. She's basically a consultant at this point sitting on the bench for moral support because she feels she owes it to Warlick. But friendship and loyalty doesn't win games.

DeMoss needs to take full control of the team until they can figure out who the next coach will be. At least DeMoss has head coaching experience and she did okay at Kentucky before Kentucky was any good.

I would never think I'd see anyone blaming the fans for a Lady Vols loss.

It was Arkansas. At home. They beat them by 30 points AT Ark. They should have won by 30 points even if noone was in the stands.

Coaching went out the window when Pat Summitt retired before the season started. And if you don't think Pat Summitt retired, you're fooling yourself. She's basically a consultant at this point sitting on the bench for moral support because she feels she owes it to Warlick. But friendship and loyalty doesn't win games.

DeMoss needs to take full control of the team until th

can figure out who the next coach will be. At least DeMoss has head coaching experience and she did okay at Kentucky before Kentucky was any good.

No one blamed the crowd for the loss. I made the observation that performers feed off the energy from the
crowd and the TBA attendees chose to be spectators not participants.

VN Store

Back