Lady Vols Softball Upsets #1 Arizona State!

Also, for those that didn't know the lady vols brought in the #1 recruiting class last year.

Ellen Renfroe has pitched 4 shutouts (one in relief) in her only four games, btw. If she doesn't win national player of the week I will be surprised. I dunno who else could top that.

We jumped on them early going up 2-0 in the top of the first and added one more run in the top of the 7th to win. ASU had several oportunities to score getting 1 or 2 runners on with no outs in three different innings but some great pitching and defense got us out of trouble several times. :pepper:
We also had several runners on a few times including bases loaded but couldnt come up with the clutch hit when we needed it.

Technology is great, we streamed the game off of Foxsportsarizona live last night to our internet tv! way cool :rock:

Lady Vol softball should not be a guilty pleasure. It's a very interesting, strategic, and athletic sport to watch.

Reactions: 2 people
Lady Vol softball should not be a guilty pleasure. It's a very interesting, strategic, and athletic sport to watch.

It shouldn't be, but if u had the same friends/co workers I did, u would understand why I say that...

Looking forward to seeing them here in OKC for the 2012 NCAA Championship...Go Lady Vols!

Just got back from tourney. Ivy was wild and when she wasn't wild she got hit really hard. Tarango pitched a couple innings against Cal and didn't do real good either, though you could really see her potential. The good news is Ellen is a gem, she looked even better than last year. Overall, I was really proud of the team battling a lot of adversity to come out of this tourney with a 5-1 record. The outlook on the year is very exciting, we just have some things to overcome. At least Madison Shipman looks 100%.She's not a pre season all american, but I predict she'll be a post season one. As a matter of fact I'd take her and Gibson over any two position players in the country. They turned a beautiful double play in the ASU game and had our biggest hits.

VN Store

Back