Lady Vol softballers start 2012 with win

bUTrosbUTrosVOLie

LV's shut out UCSantaBarbara 7-0. Ellen Renfroe pitches 1-hitter and strikes out 11 in '12 debut. Madison Shipman and Lauren Gibson each had two hits and each added a solo home run.

Reactions: 1 person
I never thought I would like softball but I do like watching these girls play. They are very good & easy on the eyes.

Love that it is softball time! Great job Gibby and Madison. Roll on and stay hot!

One odd thing. In the first inning the UCSB pitcher struck out all three Lady Vols. It was the last K she got in the game and the only 3 strike outs for the LVs against their two pitchers. Very unusual.

Congratulations to the Lady Vols first of many wins this year. IMO will be a Great Year for the softball team very talented group :good!:

GBO

Lady Vols lost to #3 Cal earlier today, 13-5. Cal played home run derby with 4 homers. Ivy Renfroe had a tough day against them. In the evening, Tennessee won a pitchers' duel against Texas Tech, with Ellen Renfroe striking out 14. Melissa Brown doubled in the only run the LVs needed in the 5th after Melissa Davin drew a 3-2 walk. Holly Baker scored, running for Davin. The Melissa combo, 1-0. LVs are 2-1.

VN Store

Back