If Holly Warlick is the coach-in-waiting

therealitytheory

then I'm the fan -a -leaving.

This massacre at ND is the worst showing by a UT BB team since Buzz's Vols got embarrased by 60 pts. by UK in the SEC tourney.

Sloppy, lackadaisical, detached...and that was before the second half laydown.

Reactions: 2 people

This massacre at ND is the worst showing by a UT BB team since Buzz's Vols got embarrased by 60 pts. by UK in the SEC tourney.

That was Wade Houstons bunch. Allan Houston was part of that which is what makes it all the more odd.

I like Nikki but wouldn't hate giving Dean lockwood the reigns either. He is a personable figure.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone suggested the KY coach; seems like he would be a great choice since his team is definitely playing defense, beat UT this season, and learned under Pat. I think he's a better choice than any assistants on the UT coaching staff.

Someone suggested the KY coach; seems like he would be a great choice since his team is definitely playing defense, beat UT this season, and learned under Pat. I think he's a better choice than any assistants on the UT coaching staff.

Could do a lot worse than Matt Mitchell. The thing that is so great about Coach Summitt and the program she built is that there is no shortage of great coaches with UT ties that have learned from her. Caldwell would be my top choice but wouldn't be shocked to see her stay at LSU a while. I feel dirty even talking about a new coach

Holly can do the job. She's earned the job if she wants it. Look at her resume. She's been with Pat for all of her championships. The idea she would be a poor choice is absurd.

Reactions: 4 people
Could do a lot worse than Matt Mitchell. The thing that is so great about Coach Summitt and the program she built is that there is no shortage of great coaches with UT ties that have learned from her. Caldwell would be my top choice but wouldn't be shocked to see her stay at LSU a while. I feel dirty even talking about a new coach

Nikki Caldwell first Matt Mitchell number two. I hope we do not let any of Pat's asst coaches that are coaching for her now have the head coaching job.

Holly can do the job. She's earned the job if she wants it. Look at her resume. She's been with Pat for all of her championships. The idea she would be a poor choice is absurd.

No, what would be absurd is if she got the job.I'm looking at the resume and lately its not worth a crap.UT can and should do better than Holly.

Reactions: 3 people
None of the existing staff can do the job unless just having good teams that are closer to #20 instead of #1 is what you have in mind. Hart is over it now. There will be a transition for a short while and then the big change will have to come.

You, my "Vol friend" are a complete idiot! For starters the 60 point loss, that was the basis of your point, was 2 coaches and at least 6 years before Buzz even got here. Which shows how little you know/care!

If you can't come even remotely close to getting your facts straight and just want to post something negative as quick as possible then you have problems with yourself!

You have NO IDEA what this team or any of the coaches are going through right now.

As for you're "fan -a -leaving" Well, get the h3ll out!
Sorry for the rant Volnation. :hi:

Reactions: 9 people
No, what would be absurd is if she got the job.I'm looking at the resume and lately its not worth a crap.UT can and should do better than Holly.

With the exception of HC experience, her resume dwarfs anyone else who would be considered. She's had opportunities to move on, but chose to stay with Pat. She is a Vol thru and thru. The fact that some have dismissed her as irrelevant or unworthy is sad. Holly bleeds orange and deserves a chance to shine. She's put in the time and the hard work. Pat is the greatest of all time, but she didn't build the Lady Vol dynasty all on her own. Even she would tell you that. If Holly wants the job, it should be hers. I can pretty much guarantee you that Pat, Nikki, and anyone with ties to the Lady Vols would tell you the same.

It will fall off just like UNC did when Dean retired. His old codger assisstant did fine until the Dean influence ran out in a couple of years. Lady Vols will be no different with Warlick.

With the exception of HC experience, her resume dwarfs anyone else who would be considered. She's had opportunities to move on, but chose to stay with Pat. She is a Vol thru and thru. The fact that some have dismissed her as irrelevant or unworthy is sad. Holly bleeds orange and deserves a chance to shine. She's put in the time and the hard work. Pat is the greatest of all time, but she didn't build the Lady Vol dynasty all on her own. Even she would tell you that. If Holly wants the job, it should be hers. I can pretty much guarantee you that Pat, Nikki, and anyone with ties to the Lady Vols would tell you the same.

Nobody doubts that Holly bleeds orange or is a Vol thru and thru that's not the point.She's had her chance to "shine" as you say all year and she has failed.If you don't think she's actually the one coaching, and I use that term loosely, and Pat is more of a figurehead then you obviously are just unwilling to accept the facts.I'm all for keeping Pat and her staff around as long as she wants she deserves it but when Pat steps down the first call should be to Nikki Caldwell and do whatever it takes to get her here.If there is a place for Holly on the new staff fine just not as head coach.

Women's basketball is about players. UT doesn't have a game-changer and hasn't had one since CP3. UConn had Maya Moore, Baylor has Griner, ND has Wiggins, KY had Mathies, we've got Meighan Simmons? I don't mean that as a slight but our HS scouting the last 5yrs has been pretty poor.

The other problem UT has to get resolved is in conditioning. I believe most of our players have had major injuries. The last few years, Baugh (2 ACLs), Brewer (transferred), Cain (2 ACLs), Williams (ACL), Shikena (knee sprain), Spani (knee sprain), Simmons (high school ACL), Johnson (shoulder). This roster has not panned out. I see a lot of teams opting for smaller more athletic players that play suffocating defense. I think it puts our girls who average 6'2 at a disadvantage.

With regard to coaching, I don't doubt that Holly Warlick has the skills to do the job. My concern would be how she recruits and scouts talent. I have a feeling that Pat has told the UT AD that this is her final year and has asked that Warlick take her job. Out of deference to her years of service Hart et al have agreed. I believe that Pat's earned the right to name her successor. I'm just not sure the people she's chosen can keep UT at the level we've come to expect.

What about Muffet McGraw at ND, if Matthew Mitchell isn't interested? Looks like Nikki is committed to LSU.

you, my "vol friend" are a complete idiot! For starters the 60 point loss, that was the basis of your point, was 2 coaches and at least 6 years before buzz even got here. Which shows how little you know/care!

If you can't come even remotely close to getting your facts straight and just want to post something negative as quick as possible then you have problems with yourself!

You have no idea what this team or any of the coaches are going through right now.

As for you're "fan -a -leaving" well, get the h3ll out!
Sorry for the rant volnation. :hi:

+100

Watched the first ten minutes of the game and it was evident to me the outcome was a forgone conclusion. Got so sick of watching the offensive ineptitude and turnovers after just ten minutes. Glad I didn't watch.

This is Pat's final year and I would be surprised if Holly Warlick didn't get the call.

Those of you throwing around some of the names, such as Muffet McGraw, as Pat's replacement, ask yourself just one question: who out there wants to leave a good gig and replace the greatest coach in the history of college basketball at her alma mater?!

My guess is that list is a short one.

Last edited:
Nikki Caldwell

Nikki recently said that her friend Holly is already on the U.T. staff so they have their new coach already. I hope that that is just coaches language and that she will come here.
Surely she won't built alot of roots at LSU in just one season.

Watched the first ten minutes of the game and it was evident to me the outcome was a forgone conclusion. Got so sick of watching the offensive ineptitude and turnovers after just ten minutes. Glad I didn't watch.

This is Pat's final year and I would be surprised if Holly Warlick didn't get the call.

Those of you throwing around some of the names, such as Muffet McGraw, as Pat's replacement, ask yourself just one question: who out there wants to leave a good gig and replace the greatest coach in the history of college basketball at her alma mater?!

My guess is that list is a short one.

U.T. is not Pat's alma mater. Her alma mater is U.T. Martin.

From what i have seen this year, Holly is already coaching and is not doing a good job. The players are not responding to Holly. Get Nikki or Mathew Mitchell.

VN Store

Back