Pat Summitt Commemorative Artwork

PeytonBerry

Someone suggested I create a commemorative Pat Summitt print and donate a portion of the profits to Alzheimer's research.

I thought that was a cool idea and wondered what ya'll thought. Portraiture is actually my strong suit (see image for an example), more than the work on tennesseeprints.com. Plus, it might be a way to do something good.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Who should I contact? What types of organizations do Alzhiemer's research? What would you like to see in the work?

Thanks for your help, and many prayers for Pat!!! Wear your orange today!

portrait.jpg

Tennessee Prints

Last edited:
Hitting us up for some cash again! Geez

Just kidding BTW, how about something from her younger days...collaged with championship banners and then a rendering of her from the announcement (as most would relate that to a benchmark for her start of the battle) JMO

Last edited:
The National Alzheimer's Association has an Eastern TN branch(Cookeville):

Alzheimer's Association - Eastern Tennessee Home

If you click the "Join the Cause" menu tab it talks about hosting your own fundraiser or becoming a part of some of their larger "Gala" events. I would start there even though, with your talent and Pat's national appeal, they could (and should)hook you up with the national folks...you could really do big things and be a great contributor.

Also, might not be a bad idea to contact Coach Summit and make sure she's on board with the plan.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Do you have more work available, on my phone don't know if I can see the whole site......awesome work young man, on my Christmas wish list
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hitting us up for some cash again! Geez

Just kidding BTW, how about something from her younger days...collaged with championship banners and then a rendering of her from the announcement (as most would relate that to a benchmark for her start of the battle) JMO

Not a bad idea. I'm trying to come up with a word or phrase that I could place at the bottom.

Great idea but I think the collage with championships has been done. I agree on something of her younger and I agree she be involved. I am not sure how to present her to make it appeal to her fans without championship references but this is a different battle and should show her resolve and fighting spirit.

Man I love your work. I think it would be a great idea. Hats off to the guy who suggested it to you, and hats off to you for your talent! :hi:

I love the idea, but have one thought for you... the word "commemorative" kind of makes it sound like she died. Maybe "celebration" would sound better.

Not trying to be grammar police or anything, it is just a suggestion as that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your thread title. Awesome idea though.

Just throwing an idea out...
How about more of a lifetime print with a few smaller scenes?
One if her as a child in a tobacco field, one of her playing college ball at UT Martin, one of her cutting down the nets at some point, and of course one of her recently...

One if her as a child in a tobacco field, one of her playing college ball at UT Martin, one of her cutting down the nets at some point, and of course one of her recently...

What would he put in the middle? (if anything)

In terms of portraiture I am more of a minimalist, but I think the main thing is finding the right image and the right title.

Not that it's not a good idea, but 4 portraits would be a lot of effort for one project, especially with the detail of your fine work.....I'd suggest two portraits, one of her as if on the sideline and showing "the stare", and another one, in contrast, of her smiling with a cut net, some celebratory pose....and I'd suggest the bottom be captioned with something like "Integrity, Class, Courage, Dignity"

How about an image of her kneeling on the sideline of The Summit with a chalkboard on her knee... While giving the stare?

VN Store

Back