Pat Summit Diagnosed with Dementia

whocaresgobobcats

Vomit Free Since 93
Tweet from Gregg Doyle

Breaking on CBSSports.com, link coming: Tennessee's Pat Summitt diagnosed with dementia, will try to coach this year.

That's tough.

If true...that would be a horrific tradgedy. My heart goes out to CPS and her family.

that is terrible news

Vols' Summitt diagnosed with dementia, will try to coach - CBSSports.com

Former women's basketball players at Tennessee are getting calls Tuesday that Volunteers coach Pat Summitt, 59, has been diagnosed with dementia.

An announcement is expected later in the day, CBSSports.com has learned. Former players are flying into Knoxville, Tenn., from all over the world to be there for Summitt -- who will try to coach this season, according to a former player.

Summitt is the arguably the most successful coach in U.S. college basketball history -- male or female, pro or amateur -- with 1,071 career victories, eight national championships and an Olympic gold medal. She was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2000.

I was just about to post this horrible news. Please pray for her and her family everyone.

That is devestating news. All my best to Pat and her family. She's too young for that.

Terrible. This disease runs in my family and is heartbreaking to witness. Thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Summit and her family.

I really hate hearing of this. I wish her all the best. T&P.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No matter what your interest may be in womens basketball, Pat Summit is an icon for our University. She epitomizes class and intergrety and is the standard for how collegiate coaches should handle themselves.

Wow. I feel as if someone very close to me has came down with a very bad illness. I love Pat and truly respect her.

VN Store

Back