LV's Need Help at Catcher

DrDave

The one weakness I saw for the Lady Vols softball was a weakness at catcher. How does the in-coming catcher match-up against the current player?

A 25% caught stealing performance is not going to keep runs down against good teams.

What do you think?

The one weakness I saw for the Lady Vols softball was a weakness at catcher. How does the in-coming catcher match-up against the current player?

A 25% caught stealing performance is not going to keep runs down against good teams.

What do you think?

I completely disagree. Ashley Andrews is one of the best defensive catchers in Div 1 ball. If she has a weakness, it's her bat not her arm.
Remember, she's in a conference with some of the fastest players in the country and has a Fr. SS making the tags on the other end.

And this was Andrews' first season behind the plate full-time. Her primary position used to be SS, but she moved to C permanently so they could play Shipman there.

She is a pretty good utility player and did a decent job this year. I don't agree with you idea that her arm is weak. I do agree that she is young and playing at a new position. She will only get stronger.

We do have the best HS catcher in the nation coming in next year. But it will be tough for her to overcome AA's experience.

VN Store

Back