Softball not offering best Pitcher in State?

The Weekly's inform Two Time player(pitcher) of the year in the state of Tennessee they dont have room for her in class of 2012. This is a huge mistake, this Junior pitcher from Soddy Daisy has lost 2 games in her high school career, and has offers from Florida, and Kentucky among others. If this decision isnt changed this will come back to bite the Weekly's for years to come. The Weekly's continue to go out of state for players when the Chattanooga area is a hot bed for them. Soddy also has a Senior Shortstop who is averaging over .500 batting average for her career, and has started since her freshman season. She won the first ever MVP at the state this past year when she hit over .600 for the tourney, hitting three home runs, 2 in the final alone, and while UT gave her a look, no offer. This continues to baffle me.:banghead2:

and before it is mentioned, no i dont have a kid on the team, and i am not from Soddy Daisy fan, i actually graduated from Red Bank, i have just seen them play, many times.

You do realize that we're loaded in the circle? Freshman Ivy Renfroe backed up by Soph Cat Hosfield almost took us to the World Series Final. And we just signed Ivy's little sister Ellen who by some accounts might be better than Ivy? That's 2 girls from Jackson and 1 from M'boro. Why so upset over a girl from Chattown?

These girls and the mens tennis team are about the best shot UT has at winning a trophy. Trust the Weekly's.:crossfingers:

So you don't have a kid on the team.......so you just like watching young girls playing softball.......sicko :p

By the way, I'm kidding

Good to see another Skins fan on Volnation. Any chance we could convince Hammy to throw out Dan Sneider?

There are (2) and have been Chattanooga area players on the team. It seems, as though the Weeklys have been pretty successful at evaluating talent.

Last edited:
You do realize that we're loaded in the circle? Freshman Ivy Renfroe backed up by Soph Cat Hosfield almost took us to the World Series Final. And we just signed Ivy's little sister Ellen who by some accounts might be better than Ivy? That's 2 girls from Jackson and 1 from M'boro. Why so upset over a girl from Chattown?

These girls and the mens tennis team are about the best shot UT has at winning a trophy. Trust the Weekly's.:crossfingers:

Ellen is on the team and is in the "rotation."

Ellen is on the team and is in the "rotation."

I kinda phrased that wrong. I saw that Ellen had a pretty good outting last weekend. Unfortunately their games don't get televised until the end of the season. This is an area where having a dedicated SEC Network like the B10 would be advantageous. They're an entertaining team to watch.

Kelsey Nunley is outstanding but it looks like we've already stockpiled a ton of pitching talent for the next several years.

In addition to Hosfield and the Renfroe sisters, we signed two more very good pitchers last fall in Cheyanne Tarango and Haley Fagan. We also have a commitment from possibly the top junior pitcher in the nation, Erin Gabriel. Tarango and Gabriel were selected to the USA Junior Women's National Team last summer.

In the 2012 class we have another commitment from Colorado's best softball player, Rainey Gaffin, who batted .684 last year and finished 23-0 on the mound.

Last edited:
I will not talk bad about any other player we get because in the end I want UT to win it all, just living down here and yes I did follow them last year because they were ranked in top 5 of super 25 and like I said she was inhittable and has been since she stepped in the circle. And I hate to see another Tennessee recruit go to another SEC school and kick our butt. It happens to much in football. GO VOLS.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Haley Fagan is the best pitcher most of you have never heard about.Coach Weakly discovered her in a tournament in the mid-west two yrs ago.I am pretty shure the weekly's know what they are doing

I'm sure she is probably quite good but very doubtful that she could crack the starting lineup with Ivy, Ellen, and Cat all being outstanding pitchers. Would you have the Weekleys lie to her? By the way all three are Tennessee high school products.

I am pretty sure Florida said the same thing with Tebow and look where they are without him. We and I mean Tennessee should always get the best if we can and especially when they are in our own backyard. In all sports.

I don't know them girls but I would say if u follow softball in tennessee like it sounds y'all do then u have heard ofSoddy Daisy and if ur kid has played against her u LOST. If u haven't seen her I encourage u too, they will play all over the state and surrounding areas I am sure. And if u haven't seen her please don't make comments like I doubt she could crack the line up. That's just DUMB really. All I am saying is when Florida and Kentucky and other SEC schools offer u I would like to think that ur own home school wouldn't write u off 2 years ahead of time. All I am saying is I hope for our sake these girls are the ones we need. Another question what kind of offers did these others girls get. Since y'all know.

I have never talked to her personally I only know what I read in paper and seen for myself. I have seen maybe 15 games maybe 20. And from people who know her personally. She is leaning florida or kentucky I THINK. But from what I heard she is upset about it because she and her parents are huge Tennessee fans. I wish someone who actually knows her stats could get on here and compare them to this IVY chick or whichever one is her age cause lebanon wasn't very good from what I have HEARD. There was another pitcher from BEECH last year who signed with VT. Not sure if UT offered her either. I am glad UT is finally getting TENNESSEE players but I wonder are they the best. In this day its all about stars who is or ain't a 5 star and I know football is different from all other sports. But when I see players signing with other big time programs I start to asky why not us. That's all

I would somewhat agree with that. But I do know this, her summer ball team went to san antonio for the world series which your team has to be invited and they were the last tennesse team left and did preety good from the stories I heard but who knows none of this matters now. UT has made up their mind all we can do is get behind these girls and hope we win.

I don't know them girls but I would say if u follow softball in tennessee like it sounds y'all do then u have heard ofSoddy Daisy and if ur kid has played against her u LOST. If u haven't seen her I encourage u too, they will play all over the state and surrounding areas I am sure. And if u haven't seen her please don't make comments like I doubt she could crack the line up. That's just DUMB really. All I am saying is when Florida and Kentucky and other SEC schools offer u I would like to think that ur own home school wouldn't write u off 2 years ahead of time. All I am saying is I hope for our sake these girls are the ones we need. Another question what kind of offers did these others girls get. Since y'all know.

She was not unhittable in travel ball and that's where it matters to the Weeklys.
UT signed the #1 class in the nation both of the last 2 years....may have just been bad timing. UT recruits 2-3 years ahead so if they didn't see her last year then its too late.

VN Store

Back