Lady Vols ?

swami2302

Not trying to stir the pot. But I was just curious why some Vol fans on this board and on talk radio dislike the Lady Vols or womens sports in general. I myself am a Tennessee Volunteer Fan. Football is my favorite sport by far. But I don't care if it's rowing or tennis, mens or womens if it represents the University of Tennessee then I'm gonna be a fan.

Originally posted by swami2302@Dec 7, 2005 5:30 PM
I don't care if it's rowing or tennis, mens or womens if it represents the University of Tennessee then  I'm gonna be a fan.
[snapback]210081[/snapback]​

Amen to that!!! :clapping:

I'm with you, but I also can understand those that don't necessarily like Womens basketball. It's a different game.

GO LADY VOLS!!!! in all sports, I want UT to be the best in Men's and Women's sports. Anybody who puts on the orange and represents it with respect and dignity deserves our support.

But it is a different game.

Originally posted by GAVol@Dec 7, 2005 5:35 PM
I'm with you, but I also can understand those that don't necessarily like Womens basketball.  It's a different game.
[snapback]210087[/snapback]​

How is it different, really?

~*Crystal*~

Originally posted by CrystalEHS07@Dec 7, 2005 5:39 PM
~*Crystal*~
[snapback]210094[/snapback]​

Well for starters: It's slower; It's played mainly on the gound; It's a lot more catch and shoot and less breaking a defender down off the dribble, etc etc.

Again, I cheer them on whenever they play, but I'm not going to argue with somebody that doesn't like it. It's just not some people's cup of tea.

For instance, I pull for the women's softball team, but I simply cannot endure 7 innings of that stuff.

It could be a number of reasons. It could be that it is a women's team outperforming the men's team. It could be a dislike of basketball and since the women's bball team gets more attention this draws more criticism.

But honestly who cares if women's bball is different? Each sport is different and you can expect that the difference crosses over between men's and women's sports. It's still UT sports teams no matter how you cut it. They all put on the orange and represent the university. If you like UT, then give your support to ALL the atheletes and students. You don't have to watch every game but just support them all.

I don't like women's basketball because it just doesn't interest me. I find it boring....no offense, but women simply look like fish out of water playing basketball. I also don't like the Lady Vol mentality of thinking they could beat the Vol hoops team. Anyone that thinks that is clueless. Also, on a national level, no one gives 2 craps about women's basketball.
I don't like the blue that the lady vols wear and they are an entirely different athletic dept. They pad their attendence with girl scouts and boys&girls club type stuff. Also, if you go to the game it's all old people, lesbians, and Families with small children.
I'd like to see Candace Parker dunk on a man :eek:lol:

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 7, 2005 6:03 PM

[snapback]210112[/snapback]​

She did it, and it was one of our men in a game of 1 on 1

Originally posted by MemphisVol@Dec 7, 2005 5:35 PM
She did it, and it was one of our men in a game of 1 on 1
[snapback]210144[/snapback]​

Ryan Childress

All i know is candance parker has started something. 5 years there wont be much a drop off in ladies basketball and mens.

Originally posted by GAVol@Dec 7, 2005 5:35 PM
I'm with you, but I also can understand those that don't necessarily like Womens basketball.  It's a different game.
[snapback]210087[/snapback]​

I understand, I personally don't like hockey, golf, softball or tennis, but if the University of Tennessee fields a team in any of those sports I still pull for them, whether or not I actually watch. And I certainly wouldn't go into threads on this board trash talking those teams :twocents:

I don't like women's basketball because it just doesn't interest me. I find it boring....no offense, but women simply look like fish out of water playing basketball. I also don't like the Lady Vol mentality of thinking they could beat the Vol hoops team. Anyone that thinks that is clueless. Also, on a national level, no one gives 2 craps about women's basketball.
I don't like the blue that the lady vols wear and they are an entirely different athletic dept. They pad their attendence with girl scouts and boys&girls club type stuff. Also, if you go to the game it's all old people, lesbians, and Families with small children.

Who said the Lady Vols had the mentality of thinking they could beat the mens team? The Lady Vols are a class act on and off the court. And if you think no one cares about women's basketball then you are clueless. It might not make Sportscenter headlines but it is popular enough to have a professional league. I respect the fact that you don't like women's basketball and thats fine. But to say things that aren't true to justify your feelings is a little pathetic.

Well, in that case, so does the Football team. I'm sure everyone there isn't students and paying adults and what not. There's boyscouts, corporate groups, disinterested sorority girls, it still counts man.

So what that its old people, lesbians, and families...what do you want to see? Young heterosexual people with no children?

They are getting closer and closer to men's basketball. Quite frankly, Candace plays more like a male than a female. And the big plus, she's a BABE!!!

Women's Basketball will never "catch up" with Men. Men's hoops evolve over time as well and therefore they will always stay ahead of women....Plus men are more gifted athletically than women and that is a fact of life folks, not a sexist put down. Comparing women's basketball to the men's game is like comparing a Krystal Burger and a Steak from a fancy restaraunt.
Don't tell me there isn't a "they could beat the men" mentality, because I've experienced it first hand.
Also, it's a seperate Athletic Department, so I don't feel guilty not supporting them.
And on the WNBA comment.....That league has almost folded every year, but they stay funded by David Stern and the NBA. That league loses money every year and that is a FACT.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 7, 2005 9:10 PM
Yeh, after about 12 beers.
[snapback]210222[/snapback]​

man you is CRAZY!! you cant be serious. after 12 beers?

Candace Parker won that dunk contest by doing what is equivalent to a soft layup in the men's game. She was getting a '10' score when those other guys were out there doing 360s over 5 chairs.
I kind of compare that to a Crippled kid participating in a race and all the judges and parents cheer for the Handicapped kid and tell him he won.

I keep up with the Lady Vols' scores and whatnot... but I draw the line on sports like rowing and track...

If it's not Vols Football or BBALL I couldn't really care less. There's no rule that says we have to follow and Passionately cheer for every retarded organized sport over there..

Originally posted by CrystalEHS07@Dec 7, 2005 4:39 PM
~*Crystal*~
[snapback]210094[/snapback]​

Women's basketball is what men's basketball used to be. Interesting.

Pat Summitt is a living legend. We are fortunate to have her.Tennessee football,lady vols basketball in that order. PRICELESS!

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 7, 2005 9:49 PM
If it's not Vols Football or BBALL I couldn't really care less. There's no rule that says we have to follow and Passionately cheer for every retarded organized sport over there..
[snapback]210284[/snapback]​

I agree wholeheartedly. Nothing we could do or say could change your opinion, and you have a right to express that.

That being said.....why waste your time posting in the Lady Vol topics? Seems like you'd put your superior knowledge to better uses.

Oh, and one more thing, put me in the race with LIO and Crystal as "Luigi" haters. And contrary to popular belief, all ladies that follow our girls are not lesbos. Just ask my husband. :p

VN Store

Back