Tradition

I would like to think that winning is already a part of the tradition, which is a big reason why we Love UT.

I would like to see the Black Jersey come out one game each year. ( A better designed black jersey)

I'd like the black jerseys for the Halloween game, like we did last year. I'd be okay if Halloween fell on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and we played at home. I don't want to see 'em other than that thought.

If it was new, it wouldn't be a tradition. Those two words cancel each other out. Result=oxymoron.

If it was new, it wouldn't be a tradition. Those two words cancel each other out. Result=oxymoron.

1. What would you prefer we call it?
2. Why was it necessary to tell us that? You knew what the OP meant

Last edited:
They still have the walking horse each year...

They do? Do you remember the last game or games it was done? You may be correct, but I must have not been at the game that they showed the horse.

Before the dogooder outrage, a different horse would trot a lap around the field before every game. The crowd would go nuts as the band played the Tennessee Waltz. I believe that was before the team ran through the T. It would be unbelievable if we had the walking horse go before the band comes out and then the run though the T.

^This. They do it every year for homecoming.

I haven't been to a homecoming game lately because the competition is not always the best. Although, it was too good for us 2 years ago! Glad to see UT sneak the walking horse in again. It would be nice to have it every game to resume the tradition.

When it was discontinued years ago, there were a bunch of people protesting that the horses were injured in order to get them to perform as they do. I don't know if it is on the same level as like.....circumcision, eye brow plucking, snaildarter killing or what, but showing them at games was discontinued for a long time. I am glad it has resumed at least on a minimal level again.

Personally, I'd love for the Vols to establish a habit of winning SEC championships. Habits have a way of becoming traditions.

We have the wins, the sec championships, the ncaa championships and the stadium. The new tradition I would like to have is for the fans of the University of Tennessee to be consider the most passionate fans across the country. I want to sell out the stadium every Saturday. I want the crowd noise to be defeaning to the opposing team. I want the fans to make a difference in games. If we would be able to accomplish this, then I know we would get more sec championships and more ncaa championships and then become the winningest team in ncaa history. Wow. Just thinking about this gives me cold chills. Man I love being a Tennessee Volunteer. GBO!!!

I've got a couple.
1. Play Ala. on the 3rd sat. in oct. again.
2. Both teams wear their home jersey's.
3. Have a commercial during the Super Bowl every year. It would have to be cool commercial though. ( I personally think it would help with recruiting and get the UT name out in a positive way) as long as it wouldn't be breaking any rules, does anyone know the rule on that? Would we be allowed to do that?

i have been in and around several walking horse barns. there is no doubt that early on in the training of many of these horses,they do make them "sore". it helps to get the horse to tuck his back feet farther under him. once the habit has been made, they don't sore them any more.

with that being said, i think that the walking horse gate is beautiful and for the most part, these horses live much better lives than most horses. the ones you see marching around the field are top caliber horses that live in climate controlled barns and are carried around in semi trailers from show to show. not too bad for a horse. i would love for us to bring them back for every game. i don't think you can have too much pregame pageantry.

VN Store

Back