TSSAA and the Army All American Bowl

kidwell087

TSSAA messes up again.....George Quarles may not be able to Coach in the all american bowl and Matthew Pyke may not be able to play in the 8th grade all american bowl. Matthew Pyke is a Clinton Middle School O lineman that was accepted to the Junior All american bowl and has been named one of the top three O lineman coming out of Middle school in the nation. George Quarles is one of the best coaches in the nation and has been nominated as one of the head coaches for the High school all american game. Nither of these guys may not be able to enjoy the all american bowl because the Tssaa is behind the times compared to other states. If Pyke was to play he may have to sit out a season if the Tssaa doesnt approve them going. I know that Coach Quarles is meeting with the TSSAA on thrusday to try to get this approved. This would be a shame for a outstanding Coach and one of the best middle school lineman in America was not able to participate in this game. What are your thoughts?

Explain it again? TSSAA might not allow them to go? why not? that would indeed be a shame and a big bright shining example of a major contributor to the lack of D1 opportunities for Tennessee student athletes in football.

Because of TSSAA regulation once your middle school or high school football season has ended you cant play or coach in any other football games till the next year. So for Pyke its either sit out next year or play in this game....

huh...seems stupid but I'm sure there was a reason for the rule when they made it. There should be an exception made in these cases however and I think that is obvious.

Its probably the same stupid reason they wouldn't let the kid (Can't think of his name ?Gray?? maybe) was QB at Smyrna and an outstanding baseball player. I think played baseball at Vandy. They wouldn't let him play in a AA baseball game several years ago?

If I was the 8th grader, I would sacrifice Eligibility his freshman year. It would be BS if he couldn't play in it.

If I was the 8th grader, I would sacrifice Eligibility his freshman year. It would be BS if he couldn't play in it.

VN Store

Back