Playoffs

Farraguts situation isn't unique, its common across the bracket. This is a case of taking something simple and making it 1000 times more complex than it needs to be.

No use in complaining about it, go take care of it on the field.

My team really lucked up. We got a 3 seed and still will end up playing a team that went 1-9, unbelievable.

i know that where im from hardin county plays ridgeway...any of yall know them teams???? we got a linebacker thas a junior and he set the state record this past friday night with 30 tackles

The playoffs this year will not even be enjoyable in a few weeks. All the best teams will be gone except for the two that are going to play in state. Alot of 9-1 teams are somehow being 4 seeds. Farragut plays Ootlewah first round, CAK plays Alcoa 2nd round if they beat McMinn, the list goes on. All the really good games will be played by 3rd round. Really gay how they are doing it. Makes literally no sense.

I don't understand the reasoning behind changing a successful playoff formula.

I don't understand the reasoning behind changing a successful playoff formula.
Yep. When I was in HS we had 3 divisions A, AA and AAA. Private schools selected thier division. Public schools went by enrollment. It was simple, made sense and promoted real competition by ensuring that the best teams would play one another in November. Outside of maybe the the DII-AA and 6A championships, I think these current "state championships" are about as worthy of admiration as a steaming pile of dog poo.

Due to the number of complaints... The TSSAA is considering moving it back to the old system next season.

Just passing along an update...

Clinton beats Shelbyville 35-6 to remain undefeated, will face Anderson County next week.

42-16 Sullivan South over Knox Powell...next week Knoxville Catholic at Sullivan South

The 3 divisions was the best times. You could beat up on the private schools in your own division.

Everybody complaining about the playoff format, but I think that was one of the best first round in a long time.

Everybody complaining about the playoff format, but I think that was one of the best first round in a long time.
The problem is that all the big games will have already been played by third round. You're going to see some big time blow outs later in the playoff system after all the good games were played early.

The problem is that all the big games will have already been played by third round. You're going to see some big time blow outs later in the playoff system after all the good games were played early.

I dunno bout that, the semi-final in the east bracket will be a huge game. In 6A

Maybe with a decent field next week we can beat you guys, probably not though.

That last game against AC was an embarrassment as far as the field goes, they worked on it a ton for the first playoff game and got it in pretty decent shape. There was talk with rain being forecasted this week that they were going to rent a huge tarp from party rentals to cover the field, I've not been by the field, but hopefully they did that. Weston Hazelhurst will be back for the game, so we're going in pretty much full strength. Good luck to you guys.

It's poured all day so I hope the tarp was in effect.

I'm glad you're back to full strength. I can't wait to show up Friday night. Hopefully Columbia will fall so we'll at least get one more home game in the county this year.

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?

I had to through the Jim Mora rant in. :)

Round 2 starts tonight.

I'll be going to Bearden at Farragut.

What about you guys?

Yeah, I went to see a snoozer....game was over and I was socializing by halftime.

Seriously, anybody that doesn't like,or support a HS team isn't a real football fan of any kind..:rock:

VN Store

Back