McMinn Co's QB Cy Ables continues to shine

Pastordjs

5 games into 09 season, McMinn Co's QB 10 Cy Ables (6'4", 200lbs, 4.7sp) continues to shine. His stats in the win against Cookeville last Friday put him over 1000yrds passing (60% + comp) for the yr. Note: His Cookeville passing stats as compared to Giles Co's Bo Wallace (13 of 21, 178) were much more impressive with 15 of 25 for 296 and a "win". He had 3 TD passes of 75, 59, and 24 yrds, which, by the way, doesn't even include the how-many-dropped-passes (?) down the middle of the field, any of which could have been big gainers...if not TDs, as well. Keep an eye on this kid.

I don't know if you aware of this, but instead of starting a new thread every week for this guy, you could just add to the original thread.

Watched him play against Maryville...Looked pretty good. :dunno: I'm not sure he's SEC material.

I gruduated from Mcminn, and the Cherokees are no pipeline for D1 talent, let alone SEC talent, not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't think it has since the late 80's and Shazzon Bradley

I bet the Fulmer had wished he hadn't overlooked Chad Pennington when he was play high school football in Knoxville....this kid looks very similar to me, hope Kiffin doesn't overlook him.

I bet the Fulmer had wished he hadn't overlooked Chad Pennington when he was play high school football in Knoxville....this kid looks very similar to me, hope Kiffin doesn't overlook him.

you really think Pennington would have beaten out Manning or Tee?

you really think Pennington would have beaten out Manning or Tee?
No, I'm saying i'd take him as a second qb in this years class if he was available....I am comparing his talent to Cy Ables.

Would you take Pennington as a second qb this year?

I gruduated from Mcminn, and the Cherokees are no pipeline for D1 talent, let alone SEC talent, not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't think it has since the late 80's and Shazzon Bradley

Had several kickers play D1. Good friend of mine played at Central Florida then transferred to Furman. Andy Bailey played at GA. He missed a few in 06 when we thumped them. One from pretty close if I'm not mistaken. The kid last year went on to Austin Peay.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Coach "uncle" Cagle is trying to pad his numbers to gain more attention. The team would be more successful if he would call a few more plays for the better athlete on the team Tevin McDermott. If he was given the opportunity he would go to a higher profile program than Cy. BTW, no way Cy runs a 4.7 40.

Bailey is the only D1 in the last several years and he lost his job to Kotou(sp). Several former D2 players which is where Cy will most likely end up.

Things are changing at McMinn Co. They have some so and jrs that are real athletes... incredible speed. BTW, I think that UT should have taken a closer look at McMinn's 08 star kicker, Stephen Stansell, who went to Austin Peay. The kid had no problem kicking the ball "out" of the end zone.

Things are changing at McMinn Co. They have some so and jrs that are real athletes... incredible speed. BTW, I think that UT should have taken a closer look at McMinn's 08 star kicker, Stephen Stansell, who went to Austin Peay. The kid had no problem kicking the ball "out" of the end zone.

Stephen is a good kicker, but he is not in the same league as Palardy.

Coach "uncle" Cagle is trying to pad his numbers to gain more attention. The team would be more successful if he would call a few more plays for the better athlete on the team Tevin McDermott. If he was given the opportunity he would go to a higher profile program than Cy. BTW, no way Cy runs a 4.7 40.

I agree that TM is the best all-round athlete on the field for MC. In fact, I would like to see more passing opportunities from Cy to TM....it would greatly improve both of their stats and D1 chances. As for Cy's 4.7 speed, take that up with the ET Combine and L'ville scouting report.

First, don't say things are changing at a school then go on to talk about a kicker. Second, Central almost beat them this year, and central's qb looked better than mcminn's in that game. If things are changing they're def changing for the worse.

First, don't say things are changing at a school then go on to talk about a kicker. Second, Central almost beat them this year, and central's qb looked better than mcminn's in that game. If things are changing they're def changing for the worse.

Obviously, you are a M. Central fan (Englewood) and have a problem with M. County. As for your statement "things are changing for the worse"...What was this yrs' Junior Varsity score between the M. County and M. Central teams? Regardless, I pull for both of the schools (except when they play each other), and, furthermore, I want to see both of their players doing well, and, if possible, having the possibility of playing college sports.

Well he got locked in the locker room to start the game. The O only scored 1 Td. It was basically a game off offensive mistakes dominated by McDermott's playmaking ability.

VN Store

Back