Who Are TN's Potential D1 High School QBs?

Pastordjs

Who are Tennessee's potential D1 High School QBs? Do we have more than just a few? For those we do have, what makes them potential D1 QBs?

Lance Harbor out of West Canaan High School looks pretty good. He has reopened his recruitment after decommiting from Florida State.

Lance Harbor out of West Canaan High School looks pretty good. He has reopened his recruitment after decommiting from Florida State.

I hear his back up Jon Moxon is pretty good too, but he is set on an Ivy League education.

Per Carlos Younger, Tennessee Varsity Prep Sports: TnVarsity.com :

For 2011:

Jack Overby QB (6'0 175) University School of Jackson- Shows great intangibles, a fluid release and a great overall understanding and feel for the game. Moves very well and shows the ability to check down to his 2nd or 3rd options. Overby is a D-1 prospect.

Michael Johnson QB (6'6 180) Briarcrest Chistian High School- Conceivably could end up being the top QB prospect in the state of Tennessee when it's all said and done. The right handed prospect has D-1 size and skills. Has nice mobility for a big kid, and will have a breakout junior year. Already getting D-1 looks.

Tyler Rice QB (6'4 175) Wayne County High School- Earned All State honors last season and earned Region MVP accolades as well. Passed for over 1,700 yards last season.

Last edited:
I hear his back up Jon Moxon is pretty good too, but he is set on an Ivy League education.

His Dad is real excited about Brown, but would rather talk about this weeks game against Gilmore. Plus, his transcripts are under review and this whole deal may get blown for him. It's a running team, son!

What are some of his notable stats, and what is his build and speed?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tyler Rice from Wayne County was all state last year as a soph. and has shown in his first two games of his junior year to be even better. he has all the tools. 6'4", great vision, and a rocket for an arm.

though i hope he doesn't end up at tennessee and i don't think he will, i do believe bo wallace will be playing d1

Tyler Rice from Wayne County was all state last year as a soph. and has shown in his first two games of his junior year to be even better. he has all the tools. 6'4", great vision, and a rocket for an arm.

I watched him play against my alumni last year...the kid does have all the tools.

McMinn Co's QB Cy Ables (6'4", 200, 4.7 speed) after four games is averaging app 175yds (app 64%) passing per game. He was 16 of 19 in last Friday's win against Cleveland.

McMinn Co's QB Cy Ables (6'4", 200, 4.7 speed) after four games is averaging app 175yds (app 64%) passing per game. He was 16 of 19 in last Friday's win against Cleveland.
Give it up Darrell...he is not a D1 prospect. :banghead2:

cd12...I thought you said that McMinn's wheels were coming off one at a time. It didn't seem that way Friday night with a 36 to 13 win over Cleveland.

cd12...I thought you said that McMinn's wheels were coming off one at a time. It didn't seem that way Friday night with a 36 to 13 win over Cleveland.[/quote

are you kidding me? you do realize Clevelands 2 best players were ejected.... Any how I was referring to the coaching staff and its in house issues. Have any more quit this week?

the question was about qb's playing division 1 or what is now known as fbs. i never said he was going to ut or usc or somewhere like that.

I just said he wasn't Div. I material......

Did you guys know that in the ole' days, type writers didn't have the 1 key? they just used the I key.

cd12...I thought you said that McMinn's wheels were coming off one at a time. It didn't seem that way Friday night with a 36 to 13 win over Cleveland.[/quote

are you kidding me? you do realize Clevelands 2 best players were ejected.... Any how I was referring to the coaching staff and its in house issues. Have any more quit this week?

Go Tribe!

McMinn Central's Zack Rayle (6'3 202) Great awareness, power & accurate arm and runs a 4.6 40

yes cd you are right! the cleveland win was a break for us, no doubt! and i hate that we lost a great guy in coaching. hope that all gets worked out soon...the kids know when there is conflict...

Last edited:
I just said he wasn't Div. I material......

Did you guys know that in the ole' days, type writers didn't have the 1 key? they just used the I key.

Bottom line is Wallace isn't D1 material. He won't be playing at UT maybe UTM, which is his only offer.

You know, I think I may just change my mind. If Wallace doesn't go pro right out of H.S., I hear he's going to USC. Southern Cal.

What do you think Mike?

VN Store

Back